• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

U.S. Gear Install

glaser06

Just got my NIB U.S. Gear Dual Range unit, was hoping to install this weekend but it looks as though I'm short an adapter for my truck (M1008...the truck, not blazer). I've got an adapter for the TH400 tranny that came with the unit, but not for the NP 205 t-case. Anyone have one of these installed between the transmission and t-case? Also, if there are any adapters out there, send me a PM. Thanks.

Darwin T

it probably was a M1031 Maintance truck, pull the tool box bed and add a regular bed. most M1031 had the NP205 to run the generater and most of the M1028's had the NP208's i think. i know mine has the NP205. i hope you find one soon. there is a place in Wisconsin (i think) that sells rebuilt transmissions and transfer cases, search the web and see if they have one. i got a NP205 PTO from them about a year and a half ago. i don't remember the name of the company. it was and hour or two north of Chicago.

Attachments

chevyCUCV

Pics or it doesnt exist
Im betting you went with a overdrive?

Looking at their application chart, it does not list a np205. Might have to go custom, or swap to np208

glaser06

Haha, I'll get some pics this evening of the truck. Not swapping my 205, I've seen jumped chains on 208s......may have to go custom. Well, I don't like my bank account anyways. :roll:

DrJekl

Here is a link for some US Gear info. Looks like the company has been bought out and the unit is being redesigned.

DualRange Overdrive

Maybe what you should have said is you have a "CUCV truck with a TH-400 and NP205 case." This was you would not have to explain why you have a M1008 with a 205 case since they obviously never made them.

I am not familiar with this unit but have a Gear Vendors OD unit on my M1031 with the TH-400 and NP205 case without the PTO on it and it has a pick up bed on it (not that any of that matters other than the TH-400 with 205 case for adapter purposes) and a 91 Suburban grill and home made front bumper with 18K Warn winch. The way we did mine was as follows: The GV was in an old Dodge running a 205 case. We swapped the Chevy output off the CUCV for the Dodge output (on the T-case), then the 205 to GV adapter goes on and the GV OD unit is the last thing that bolts up. Yours sounds like a 2WD unit that bolts to the TH-400 and would be the last piece before the driveshaft.

If they have in fact retooled, call and try to get an adapter for your 205 to the OD unit. We went with the Dodge output for two reasons. First, we already had it, second, the Chevy output and adapter is a mile long because of the slip yolk assembly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks