• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Uaz 469 help!

USSR

Be careful when buying Soviet cars. Too many subtleties ... As far as possible I be able to give advice))))

USSR

Buy Soviet vehicles need only in the former Soviet Union (Ukraine, Russia and Belarus). This will help prevent headaches with repairs.
In Eastern Europe you buy a lot of iron, which is to be restored for a long time and need spend money.

About UAZ cars.
These cars, even new require improvements, but if you buy a used car - the cost of improvements will be even more ...
As an example, to show the work of my friend - he spent revision UAZ Hunter.

USSR

Model: 315 195 UAZ Hunter
Year: 2007
Engine: 2.7 petrol
Body Style: SUV
Number of doors: 5
Color: Black
Fuel Type: Gas / Petrol
Mileage: 56000 km

Attachments

USSR

Car in perfect condition, it is better than the factory.) Complete tuning chassis, bridges "Spicer" rear sway bar. ABS, two shock absorbers on each wheel (created additional bracing) - 8 shock absorbers on car. Steering damper from Mercedes, alloy wheels R16, tires "Mastercraft" C / T, secret bolt on wheels, hubs, power steering, brake servo, elevator body 5cm, bumper sill under HI JACK , xenon headlights and foglights / dipped / clearance (Wess), the locks on the hood, the spare wheel on the rear gate, plating aluminum, central locking, alarm, good music and acoustics CD/MP3/USB, compressor alarm, tinted windows....

Attachments

USSR

Interior - Mitsubishi L200, glove box, finishing the whole body thermal and sound insulation, seat belts, steering wheel Subaru, combined suspension (coilover/ spring), fuel-injected engine capacity of 2.7 liters, Gas Cylinders Equipment Italy 4th generation tank in the trunk to 50 litters and plus two petrol tank.
In interior lined with carpet, rugs salon. Rain hood and sun front spoiler, rear wiper, two mode line heater, 5-speed gearbox, front axle and a reduced included from inside saloon with help a single lever, air vents in bridges, disc brakes, tow bar, average consumption of about 13 liters of gas. Off-road all-wheel drive - 15 liters of gas. Much more ...

Attachments

saddamsnightmare

December 27th, 2012.

USSR:

How hard would it be to find a GAZ-69 in good running order, solid and presentable, on your side of the pond (the Atlantic)? Not that I am planning right now on tracking one down, but should I get assigned to Germany, I might be interested as I am trying to figure out how to possibly export my 1963 Unimog S404.114, and what it will take to reimport that (Unimog) truck back into the US later.As the saying goes in Texas, "Curiousity killed the cat, and satifaction brought it back!" Have a good New Years!:beer:

Last edited:

USSR

December 27th, 2012.

USSR:

How hard would it be to find a GAZ-69 in good running order, solid and presentable, on your side of the pond (the Atlantic)? Not that I am planning right now on tracking one down, but should I get assigned to Germany, I might be interested as I am trying to figure out how to possibly export my 1963 Unimog S404.114, and what it will take to reimport that (Unimog) truck back into the US later.As the saying goes in Texas, "Curiousity killed the cat, and satifaction brought it back!" Have a good New Years!:beer:
Find a good UAZ 469 and GAS 69 is almost impossible ....Machines are very old ...
On practice - if the vehicle is in excellent condition - it is a collection car and is not likely to be sold...
Now to your question.
Buy the "living" GAZ 69 in my country - $ 3-3.5k. This money essentially purchasing only body in good condition and the chassis (not rotten).
Need to do a complete overhaul and modernization: remake axels, suspension, install the brake booster, power steering, the ignition switch ...
Will probably need to paint a car, carry a body from corrosion protection, change the interior, rubber ...
I contacted my experts on tuning UAZ/GAZ - the cost of this tuning: $ 4-5k.
This will allow you to ride on the machine for a long time and not think where to get parts))))
Сalculation - 3k+ 4k+ shipping + customs ....

p/s Happy New Year you to!

Driver_Neil

Looks like I'm about to join the throng of UAZ 469 owners... What's in line is far from pristine though - I'll need to be doing a fair bit of work:

Robs UAZ 054.jpgRobs UAZ 066.jpgRobs UAZ 065.jpgRobs UAZ 064.jpgRobs UAZ 061.jpgRobs UAZ 060.jpgRobs UAZ 058.jpgRobs UAZ 057.jpgRobs UAZ 055.jpgRobs UAZ 067.jpg

However - it was running reliably when laid up and is already registered in the UK thus sparing me the nightmares of having to deal with VOSA and DVLA

michigandon

One of my many dreams that will probably never happen is to have an UAZ 469 with a 4BT/NV4500/D300 drivetrain and a set of Dana 44 axles underneath it.

Augdog1964

Under no circumstances should you do business with Richard Moore and Russian Trucks... if you want details PM me... do not send money, do not do business...

You may want to contact someone like Your First Choice for Russian Trucks and Military Vehicles - UK Russian over in the UK as they deal in old Soviet era vehicles and have experience with exportation. From what I'm to understand, a vehicle has to be around 25 years old before it can be imported. I've included a link to a thread over on g503 pertaining to importing MVs into the USA. In turn, it has some usful links in it pertaining to the (US) Gov't regs regarding the importation of vehicles into the USA.

G503.com Message Forums • View topic - Importing an MV

Good Luck,
Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks