• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

uhh where did Memphis go?

Pappa-G

I have delt with Memphis since I had my first M715 back in the late 80's. They have had what I needed, shipped promptly and have no problems with technical questions. They may be priced higher then others on some items but for my money it's a small price to pay when you need the correct part, in good condition quickly.

Katch1

I have dealt with memphis on several occasions, they are defineatly not the cheapest, but on the other hand helped a greenhorn(me) through a couple of repairs to my truck when I first got it.
service parts and shipping were all better than another dealer I dealt with.
It is strange how different people get different results, this has happened many times in my experience, and I'll never figure it out

SasquatchSanta

I compare Memphis Equipment to Vintage Power Wagons in so much as they are both full service parts and vehicle houses. When a company goes full service --- then they are required to "have it all" their overhead goes up drastically. It's easy for a low everhead non full service competitor to under price and chip away at a big guy.

Because I have a sense of direction that I didn't have when I started with the M37s and later the M35 I now shop around but I've done business with Memphis with good results and will no doubt do so again. Whenever I call them I feel assured that they will have what I want, that it will ship it quickly and that they can (and will) answer my questions.

What they charge for their parts is their business. It's part of the free enterprise system --- we have the freedom to walk away if we don't like the sound of the price. The only way I would classify them as a pirate is if they over charged me based on the cost they quoted me over the phone. They've not done so nor can I recall them ever holding a gun to my head and forcing me to buy from them. Whether or not we choose to business with them I feel we are fortunate to have them.

Also, Memphis Equipment has a pretty good sized dog in the MV game and therefore in the fight for MVs should the hobby ever be threatened.

Iyaayas184

I have gotten some really good service out of SECO Augusta in Augusta, Georgia. They sent me a new part for take out price when they discovered they were out of the take out part. They have a large stock of M series truck parts. Some vehicles. They used to have a huge stock of M880 series Dodges.

Bob

saddamsnightmare

January 2nd, 2010.

If you really want to see expensive parts prices, look around for the secondary low range gear box addition for a S404.114 Unimog, the puppy costs $2000+ to go from 2 low range gears forward and reverse to 8 low range gears F&R.....!:-D

It makes MB stockholders really happy when someone over here buys one (not I said the little red hen)....

Cheers and keep on truckin"

Kyle F. McGrogan:p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks