• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unanswered mystery questions about the M105 trailer....

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the side racks on my trailer, I dont see how what you suggest works. Perhaps I am missing something. Even when the front rack (and seldom seen/installed back rack, which is the exact same NSN as the front rack) is in the "stowage" position on the ouside of the trailer, the holes arent anywhere near where the racks make contact with the side of the trailer.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Square hole on the side is for allowing the locking spring of the rear rack when it's mounted to the side of the trailer. They're on both sides. I thought I could find a picture but looks like I have to go take one.
You're thinking of the square holes in the receiver tubes for hanging the end racks on the side of the trailer. The original poster was referring to the square holes that are stamped in the actual body (side) of the trailer.

AVFD8

Just a thought on the square holes, is it possible that they are there for ventalation when the tarp is installed?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks