• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

under bumper front hitch

ajg6989

I welded a bracket inside the front bumper which can have a hitch plate bolted on to it. I wanted to put a combo pintle ball hitch on the plate. Its alot easier to push a trailer into a small area on the farm. What do you all think.

Attachments

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Won't last long on my truck. But if your not offroading, sure makes it easier to move trailers around..

rmgill

I bolted a pintle hitch to the bumper itself. It works well for pushing an empty trailer around. But it doesn't have re-enforcements yet for handling heavier weight.

ajg6989

we did that at Hunter army airfield drove a deuce up to towed 105 to pull them out of a C-130 with a bumper mounted pintle. Worked great with such a tight space even the cab top had to be removed and windshield laid down.

ajg6989

I work on undercarriage at a cat dealer called Ringpower. The lights were found in the trash and they still worked so I took them. I use them to see up close the regular headlights reach out farther at a higher level.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It seems to me that the USAF was big on mounting pintle hitches to the front bumper. I had a former USAF M932 with this same set up. I am also attaching a pic of another truck that did not belong to me.

Attachments