• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

under powered damage?

burger3026

So I have had my truck 9 months, and have been doing regular service work to get back in great road worth shape. I have done all my filters, transfer pump, and air fiter. today I ordered a pyro and boost gauge from hewitt, louis was a big help there thanks, service was great. anyway My local jeep club is doing some trail clean up work this weekend and I'm hauling alot of rocks and supplys. So...... I'm still way under powered due to a serious detune, that will be fixed next week. I have to run the truck a lot harder than I want to now, can I do any damage. I read you don't want to lug a mulit-fuel alot but sometimes it just won't go. thanks guys

Westech

CPL
how do you run a diesel harder if it is detuned? All the engine power comes from how much fuel is squirted in the cylinder. if your pump is turned down your max engine out put will be less. I don't think you have to keep it WOT all the time when moving junk on the trails. Just grab a lower gear and keep your foot in it (use low range)
If it is that bad I would say you have some other problems. IE: stuck Turbo, bad injectors, blown engine and or head gaskets.

Srjeeper

Luggin a diesel is extremely hard on the lower end. First to happen is you'll usually spin a bearing.

To many RPM's will give the top end fits.

If you don't feel it's doin your truck any good...

It Isn't, trust your gut. [thumbzup]

Flyingvan911

Whenever I'm going to be going slow I use low range. It puts less stress on the drive train. Keep the rpm's up but not over 2,400 rpm. There's a plate on the dash that shows the max speeds for each gear.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks