• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Underbody Tools Boxes

I saw the one post where someone mounted a actual tool box with drawers but haven't seen any of these underbody tool boxes. We build hundreds of trailers a week and we get scratched or dented tool boxes and they sell them. Since I work for them I can get a 18x18x60 all aluminum tool box for probably free or dirt cheap. I was wondering what you guys thought about this. My plan is to get rid of spare tire rack and mount this box under there like the fuel tank. Since il have a boat load of tools on the truck I don't really want to climb in and out of the bed all the time, plus I was debating on also mounting a air hose reel inside the box.

Attachments

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Free is good, especially if it has a practical application. Get a couple, mount 'em to your truck or trailer, and let us see the results!

God bless,
Tony

Lol I wish I could help you all out but these are $1000 tool boxes from aero industries. I still haven't gotten the green flag myself. This would probably be only for me cause there sell them for $500 I think as scratch and dent.

I still don't know what I'm going to do yet. I was going to mount a second fuel tank on the drivers side so it would match the passenger side cause I'm OCD like that. Then I thought it's gonna suck getting tools out of a bed tool box all the time so I figured mount the box where the spare hangs but I'm worried about that too.

I plan on doing so major off-roading and rock crawlin with my truck and running mud bogs at the buck and kempton power house pulls so deep mud could cause a problem too. I guess as long as it doesn't hang lower then the stock fuel tank I should be fine.

rmgill

Dan, I know this problem. If you guys are fabbing things, I would suggest go with the 2nd fuel tank (I have this and it's actually nice to have) and also go with a shop fabbed tool box like that link above shows. Not too hard. Mostly a few bends and some welds. Tricky bit is laying it out to hang off the funny angle. I have a 5 ton cargo truck right side tool box mounted in my bed for most of my tools, plus what fits in the driver side tool box but would like more stowage that's on the ground at the side, just above the fuel tanks. I like the 2nd fuel tank better than I would a low tool box of the size above.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks