• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unidentified 4 Pin Cable - marked 762 A thru D

T9000

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was under the truck and found this 4 pin cable below, hanging by the accelerator pedal not connected to anything, with the tags marked 762A, 762B, 762C, 762D:

1650994010983.png

1650994040369.png

I searched all the manuals and the only mention I could find was a 762A in the 4L80E Troubleshooting Supplement, but it looks like it is a different connector:

1650995712667.png

Does anyone know what the connector it is for and where it should be connected? Maybe it's just a test cable?

T9000

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the schematic, that plug gets hooked to: FUEL PRESS X-DCR
Thank you for looking it up, I don't have that schematic, is it in one of the manuals?
What and where would this (what I think maybe it means) FUEL PRESSURE X-DCR?
DCR = Diesel Common Rail? And X for Extended/ External? I have the 6.5L Turbo, which I don't think it's a common rail?

And where is the other end connected to? Sorry if I am not up to speed on all the terminology, I am still getting my mind around the truck :)

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
X-DCR is transducer and it's the useless sensor that usually sticks up out of the top of the fuel filter which sends fuel pressure to the diagnostic plug in device called the STE-ICE which is Simplified Test Equipment-Internal Combustion Engine.

T9000

Steel Soldiers Supporter
X-DCR is transducer and it's the useless sensor that usually sticks up out of the top of the fuel filter which sends fuel pressure to the diagnostic plug in device called the STE-ICE which is Simplified Test Equipment-Internal Combustion Engine.
Thank you! I know what you are talking about, it's a non-issue now that I understand, I appreciate it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks