• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unimog 421 owner looking for tow vehicle

MiniMan

I've been looking for a tow vehicle for a while now. Something that could tow cars around town and could tow and potentially recover my Unimog on wheeling trips. My mog is a relative lightweight at just over 6k lbs and I figure that as long as I can get to 90 km/hr in the prairies of Alberta, I'd be perfectly safe, just slow ;) . Slow isn't much of a problem for me though and there aren't many hills, nor curvy roads in this neck of the woods, so I've been thinking a deuce in one flavor or another would be a good way to go. I'm used to slow though, as my mog has all of 45 hp :) . If not a deuce, then potentially a motorhome, but there are plus sides and downsides to each.

The motorhome has power steering and all the other amenities while the deuce doesn't, but the deuce can yank a tow strap and make it up fire roads just fine, while the motorhome can't. That said, unless I buy an M109 or boxed variant deuce, I wouldn't have much of a place to sleep at night on weekend wheeling trips. I've still got a bunch of research to do though, as I know most deuce owners have had limitations put on the resale of their units by the government; stating that they must be resold to a U.S. citizen.

Anyway, greetings to all.

Corey

Last edited: