• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unimog photos

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice Mog. 11.00's?

I wish I could find one of those tarps with the rear flap on it. My tarp became rather 'crunchy' from the sun.

Cheers

pitbull

Hi,

Yes, 11.00 x 20's. i believe my tarp is actually install backwards? Thanks for the compliments. She's for sale if anyone is interested.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, yes, the tarp is on backwards but I wasn't going to front you out! :D

The narrow flap across the front near the top clips to the flap on the back of the cab cover to keep rain/snow from getting in between them (at least from above).

I always thought the cargo cover was a bit of a weak point as regards weather protection, with that open window at the front and the older tarps like mine having no rear flap. I use a rear flap from M-series trucks that I narrowed a bit to fit, works okay. The later tarps like yours with the rear flap look very weather proof except for that window. But you can always hang a small tarp inside like I have in the past to keep rain out.

Cheers