• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

UNIMOG pic thread

spicergear

Pic of mine and some others...:mrgreen:

Attachments

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ulf, thanks for your picture contributions! Those hundreds of 404 Unimogs proceeding with entropy are sad, but your radio truck is the nicest I have seen! Great job restoring and maintaining!

The market for 404's in Europe must be slow? Too bad shipping is so expensive.

thanks and happy mogging,

Bob
A few pics from my ex-unimog S404.1, radio cab, German Bundeswehr, 1965

Wolf.Dose

Hallo Ulf,
dein ehemaliger Mog ist in recht gutem Zustnad, jedenfalls optisch. Der Leo 1, das ist doch der von Sigi Zöllner oder was. War das in Regensburg?
So nebenbei, deine eingestellte Bilder kommen mir irgenwie bekannt vor. Sind wir uns schon auf Treffen begegnet?
Ulf,
for the non German speakers: your former Mog is in realy good shape, at least optical. The Leopard 1, is it the one of Siggi Zöllner, was it in Regensburg?
Any way, your pics somewhat look in some parts familiar to me, did we meet somewher on MV meetings?
Wolf

jvrotter

I think for the most part they were used as troop carriers. Probably an equivalent of our M35 trucks. And yes there a blast to drive although not on Calif freeways. Top speed is around 55 for my 404 and that is screamin'. Off-road is where they shine. Truly a go anywhere vehicle.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some more. Last two were from the April 2011 Rausch Creek rally.

Attachments

spicergear

That truck on the last two pics now has a fully functional level-wind set up on it thanks to the donation of an XM757 PTO gear box! :mrgreen: Thanks M35 Tom for the deal on the unit and thanks Bjorn for drawings and pics.

The PTO drive needs to spin reverse rotation for these big winches with level-wind to work on the back of Mogs.

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hobbs, NM Fire Dept. UNIMOG

We were driving through Hobbs, NM (on the TX/NM Border) on Sunday and had a chance to flank, pass, and be passed by this UNIMOG...

(the pic came from this thread - the camera wasn't handy at the time.)
New Fire Trucks & Brush Trucks – Unruh Fire Trucks

Sure looked like a SWEET TOY :!:

Attachments

spicergear

Nice 'Flying Tiger' paint!

The red truck two posts up looks like a late model U500 truck. I've seen them used for over $100,000. Awesome trucks though and with the ability to have a GVWR in the lower 30,000 lbs area! I think they're around 280hp and near 800'lbs of torque. Yeah...that's SOME truck!

goat whisperer

Ulf,
for the non German speakers: your former Mog is in realy good shape, at least optical. The Leopard 1, is it the one of Siggi Zöllner, was it in Regensburg?
Any way, your pics somewhat look in some parts familiar to me, did we meet somewher on MV meetings?
Wolf
Wolf,
no, the Leo 1 is dead, no engine inside, the Bundeswehr uses it to practice. The pics are taken at Garlstedt. And also we never met. South Germany to me begins at Kassel... I´ve never being that far away from home with an mv :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks