• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unique seat covers

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
When I was at Clinto's rally last year I was given some military issue shelter halves (GP Tinys).
Since my days of sleeping in pup tents are long over I was racking my brain to come up with a useful purpose for them.
I have several spring seats and the covering on all of them are FUBAR.
I am known to be somewhat chea.........errrrr.....thrifty so I decided to take the shelter halves and old seat cushions to my local upholstering guru and see what he could do with them.
I explained that I wanted to keep the general appearance of the shelter half and to have the "US" that is stinciled on the cloth on the back of the seat.
I picked them up today and I think the guy did a pretty decent job.
This seat and another one like it will be installed in the bob deuce.
I have enough of the material left to do the two air seats that will go in the wrecker if I don't find anything I like better.

Attachments

KaiserM109

Not bad at all. I've seen lots of shelter half go up for auction and wondered why anyone would big on them. I guess I'm not imaginative enough. The trouble is, they go across the auction block 100 at a time.

Arlyn
Colorado

KaiserPower

They look really good... I just yanked out mine yesterday but haven't decided on what to cover them with. I'll let the upholster guy help me out with that one... I wonder if he has any zebra stipe or perhaps some red tuck and roll laying around...:drool:[thumbzup]

spentshell

Nice, I did the same thing to mine. The hardest part was the drivers back, there is nothing to staple to. I was thinking of bolting some luan plywood to the back of it. Make sure you guys add extra cushion for the pushin.