• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unique seat covers

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
When I was at Clinto's rally last year I was given some military issue shelter halves (GP Tinys).
Since my days of sleeping in pup tents are long over I was racking my brain to come up with a useful purpose for them.
I have several spring seats and the covering on all of them are FUBAR.
I am known to be somewhat chea.........errrrr.....thrifty so I decided to take the shelter halves and old seat cushions to my local upholstering guru and see what he could do with them.
I explained that I wanted to keep the general appearance of the shelter half and to have the "US" that is stinciled on the cloth on the back of the seat.
I picked them up today and I think the guy did a pretty decent job.
This seat and another one like it will be installed in the bob deuce.
I have enough of the material left to do the two air seats that will go in the wrecker if I don't find anything I like better.

Attachments

KaiserM109

Not bad at all. I've seen lots of shelter half go up for auction and wondered why anyone would big on them. I guess I'm not imaginative enough. The trouble is, they go across the auction block 100 at a time.

Arlyn
Colorado

KaiserPower

They look really good... I just yanked out mine yesterday but haven't decided on what to cover them with. I'll let the upholster guy help me out with that one... I wonder if he has any zebra stipe or perhaps some red tuck and roll laying around...:drool:[thumbzup]

spentshell

Nice, I did the same thing to mine. The hardest part was the drivers back, there is nothing to staple to. I was thinking of bolting some luan plywood to the back of it. Make sure you guys add extra cushion for the pushin.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks