• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unit markings on a M1008 questions

fredrader

Ok,I did a lot of searching but I cant figure out where to put some unit markings etc on my 1008..I want to put something on it but I want it to be correct..Any one help?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
What unit were you trying to do?? For 1008, normally the front and rear bumper had the unit and vehicle numberl

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Best way is to ask him what the bumper numbers would be or to get the unit he was in. In some cases you need to know all the way down to the section level.

For example:

Passenger side front Drivers side front
28 1-110 IN A06

would equate to 28th Infantry Division, 1st Battalion, 110th Infantry, A Company, Vehicle 06 (which is usually the company commanders vehicle)

There is suppose to be set command policies on how to paint the numbers but PVT Joe Snuffy doesn't read the command policy memo's and can screw it up. Thats why you will see variations such as

28IN 1-110

28ID 1-110IN

28PAARNG (Pennsylvania Army National Guard)
1-110IN

As for the drivers side vehicle number:

At the line company level: 1 is 1st platoon, 2 is 2nd, 3 is 3rd, 4 is 4th, 5 is company XO, 6 is Commander, 7 is the first sergeant.

At Battalion and higher level: 1 is the S1(personnel), 2 is S2 (intell), 3 is S3 (Operations), 4 is S4 (Logistics), 5 is XO, 6 is Commander, 7 is CSM. Confusion reigns with all other numbers. Most sections keep the same initial digit. For instance the Bn commanders HMMWV maybe HQ-06 but he may have a tank or other armored vehicle for battlefield command that is number HQ-66.

Confusion deepens with headquarters companies and gets even worse when decoding support units especially above division level. Add to this the fact that certain types of units go away...such as the old E Companies that use to be the anti tank improved TOW companies the infantry battalions had in Europe or the old field bakery units.

That's why he probably needs to see if he can remember his old bumper number.

This is 3AD 54FSB C5 out.

fredrader

Thanks Medlog That is a great help..I will ask him today..

Crusher,Me and Chris will be there..We will need some directions so one of us will be calling you today..The stencils would be a BIG help too..Thanks

SuperchargedRS

This is the manual with all the different unit markings and such and where they go
http://brochures.slosh.com/cucv/tb43-0209.pdf

I made mine up in photoshop so they fit perfect, then I took the file to a graphics place (one of the guys that makes the stick on logos that all the rice burners have on them), I had him invert it (so I got a block with the letters cut out; like a stencial), then I stuck it on where I wanted it, masked off around it and shot the CARC, flawless.

I did the unit markings, national symbol and carc for under the data plate.

underdog

I tried the down load. Will not work for me.
My CUCV different than described.
Front bumper
Pass side = NTC SPT BN
Drivers side = FMG 1 Might be FMC it is getting hard to read.
Mine has a round (selectable two number) plaque by drivers side head light also.
Thanks

papercu

unit

Are there any problems with using a active unit marking? I know at one time there was a big deal at the local base even about selling a POV that still had the base sticker/pass on it. Wayne

JohnFire

RE: unit

I know alot of US bases are doing away with base vehicle passes. at least the USAF is due to 100% ID checks. When I was stationed in germany they wanted me to paint up the M1009 so that it didn't look like a GOV. I got them to agree on blue on the tailgate. The next year they tried to say that wasn't enough. After some heated arguments they agreed again. These were the same german civilians that would fail a vehicle for a "problem" and take it back a couple days later and it passed. LOL go figure

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks