• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Universal Power pack 18KW

liekos62

100_1027.jpg100_1028.jpg100_1029.jpg

I recently purchased this generator trailer with 2 Fischer Panda SST18KWs. Has anyone ever had any real world experience with this new type of generator sets? Fischer Panda has been very helpful with parts lists and manuals. But I would like to know about them from someone who has used these in the field. The really cool thing about it is the serial number on the power pack is 001 (didn't show up in the photo).

Thanks!

Jimc

Thats pretty cool. They make marine generators as well. Quite expensive. When i used to work on yachts i would see a fischer here and there. They were the quietest generators i ever heard. There was one i saw at a demo one time and from 10 ft away you couldnt hear it.

liekos62

Yes they are very quiet even with the sound panels off you can tand enext to them and have a conversation without yelling.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is that platform also the fuel tank? We've got some with twin 5 kw's mounted on that kind of platform. Very cool setup. I like that trailer too.

liekos62

No the platform is not the fuel tank it is just a flat piece of aluminum with quick pin disconnect for lifting off. The fuel tank is in between the generators on the other side of the output/switch panel with the battery box right in the middle of the trailer in between the gen sets. Yes they are 3600 rpm kubota turbo diesels. I haven't run them for an extended period of time yet to see how fuel efficient they are.

RIrvin

Good to learn about these units. What are the output options available on these gen sets? Are they limited to balanced three phase operation ?

Triple Jim

And of course many 240V devices are OK with 208V. Certainly water heaters and ranges are, and a lot of motors are designed for either, just check the name plate specs first.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks