• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unknown Deuce Body Parts

shenkmen

Hi there,

See attached image.

1. What are the items which the red arrows point to? Hold down backing plates? What do they look like on the inside?
  2. What is the hunk o' metal which the blue arrow points to?
Thanks

Attachments

eddiec

The red arrow goes to the backing plates for the tie downs. Look slosely and you will see the hinges, it is the drop side bed. The blue arrow is pointing at the mounting bracket" tube" that you mount the front leg of the gun ring in.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To further explain... The Inside Bed tiedowns are mounted in CUPS (seen on the outside of the bed) so as not to be interference points with the full interior dimension of the bed (no obstructions along the bed wall).

Our truck is a NON-Dropside by has had those tiedowns retrofitted. The bed on our A2 came from an A3 that replaced her as a BrushFireTruck.

We've removed, but kept, the Gun Ring Mount in the hopes of someday finding/making a GunRing for her.

wildbilly1760

I thought all M35A2's came with the front leg mounting bracket? Was it an option? Just curious. Most I saw were never on gun ring mounted trucks. And the ones I saw that didnt have them seemed to be missing a piece in the door jam, making it less air tight than they already are.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
I have been wondering what that bracket was for. My truck, the m109 we turned into the camper and the parts truck i bought all have or had the gun ring mount bracket but my wifes truck which was a MP truck does not. I too thought "good flag pole holder". Oh i still have at least one of them still maybe both if anybody is interested, pm me.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought all M35A2's came with the front leg mounting bracket? Was it an option? Just curious. Most I saw were never on gun ring mounted trucks. And the ones I saw that didnt have them seemed to be missing a piece in the door jam, making it less air tight than they already are.

Thanks for offering up your Gun Ring Bracket - - - I already have a GREEN one - Not so sure I need another in a purty shade of BLUE. rofl

I haven't done a search yet, but has anyone out there got design plans or blueprints for "recreating" a gun ring :?::?:

Barrman

The gun ring mount goes behind the door hinges and if your door hasn't been off in a while or ever. Plan on breaking a few of the screws off. Yes, it does leave a gap if removed and nothing put back in its place.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks