• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unloaded new toy!

FrankUSMC

Welcome to the world of armor. With the wall behind the drivers seat, was it a M16 half track?
I have a M2 halftrack and a parts halftrack, I am down the road from you in North Carolina.
One of the few, Frank
PS. I have owned the M2 for about 2 years and still have not got it to my home! If any one knows a truck driver who will haul from Nabraska let me know.

lacoda56

M215, The winch and winch bumper look to be in near perfect condition! Suspension looks good, looks like you've got the makings of a good looking track. Good luck and send pics of progress.

Frank, I'd be more than happy to go get your halftrack, but then I might get lost and end up back home. [Look what followed me home dear, can I keep it?] You probably wouldn't see the humor in it... But hey, if you ever want to sell it , let me know.

FrankUSMC

lacoda56, nope, not for sell. The guy I got it from has it stored for me in one of his barns on his ranch. It is also a winch model, with complete armor......and runs! This is the first M2 I have ever had.
Keep looking, this one I got was found on a farm, The guy I got it from sent me a photo of the day he found it. The farmer had a line of them. All with armor and some even had mine recks still on the sides. A very cool photo. I asked him why he did not get one with mine racks on it, and his reply was, "I can make mine racks, I can't make tracks!" The one he got (mine now) has like new tracks and front tires.
One of the few, Frank