• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unloading my new M35A3

SEAFIRE

What all problems did it have? It sure seems to run and look real good. One of the most cleaniest trucks I have seen in a long time. The photo you have it still had the lights on it, the were stolen afterwards. The door is brand new and the inside of the cab is excellent. I bought a new tire for $100 to replace the one that the forklift cut. So as soon as I can get back on my feet after knee surgery I am going to get on it. Thanks for the photo.
Our mechanic looked at it, I guess he discovered the tranny problem and didn't want to mess with it. I didn't know they sold trucks to the public out of that yard, but we were told that if the equipment sits there for a really long time, then they sell it to the public...

That was one of the few A3's there without flat tires, they had some nicer green A3's, but most of the tires were flat on them, go figure.

Attachments

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Our mechanic looked at it, I guess he discovered the tranny problem and didn't want to mess with it. I didn't know they sold trucks to the public out of that yard, but we were told that if the equipment sits there for a really long time, then they sell it to the public...

That was one of the few A3's there without flat tires, they had some nicer green A3's, but most of the tires were flat on them, go figure.
Yes, for a vehicle to go on public auction it must sit on sale for agencies/non-profits/etc to buy it for a minimum of one year. If that passes with no buyer then GSA has the option to get authorization to sell it to the public or not. Other wise it will just sit unless is obvious it wont sell and they will have it scrapped on a very rare occasion.

That A3 you showed looked good but someone was in the engine compartment when I was loading out. It was a mess.

metexaco

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks