• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Untimely passing of my daughter

plym49

I am so sorry for your loss. I wish you whatever peace you and your family can realize in this sorrowful situation.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is with profound regret that I report the untimely passing of my 14 year old daughter Veronica from complications of a drowning on June 24th 2001. After multilple surgeries and treatments to help her manage her crippled body, ravaged by the effects of severe brain damage due to unexpected brain swelling, she passed peacefully in her sleep sometime after 12:30 am Sunday morning. Just wanted to let folks know. Will probably be off site even longer for a while.
Phillip
snowdad / Phillip & Family:
On behalf of your entire SteelSoldiers family, you and yours are in our thoughts and prayers as you mourn the loss of your beautiful daughter, Veronica. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do for y'all.

Heavenly Father,
You know the grief of this family. We ask you to send Your Holy Spirit upon them and lift their sadness and sense of loss. Give them assurance that Veronica is whole, complete, and perfect in the magnificence of Heaven. Of her fourteen years, You gave this family eleven extra following her near drowning - Let them see these as a special blessing in spite of the challenges she and they endured - extra time before You called her home. Lord, give them the peace in understanding that this is not a time of good-bye, but one of farewell "We will see you again." Thank you for the promise of a perfect eternity with You after we each pass from this earthly life and into our heavenly reward. In Jesus' name we pray.
AMEN.

wdbtchr

:ditto: Leave it to the Chaplin to say the right thing. Unfortunately I know your pain having given an angel to God myself. Just remember the good times and you will make it through. I'll remember you all in my prayers.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Indy platoon checking in, preys said.

Having two daughters my self of young age as father to anther father I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and preys.

Last edited:

STSCSS

You and your family will be in our prayers

Remember the joys not the sorrows
The tears of happiness not of pain
Moments of peace held by a smile
The love of a daughter holding you
Every Sunset brings a Sunrise
End each day knowing she is with God
Start each day knowing she is at Peace
Joe Adamson

bugei

[FONT=&quot]May the Lord bless you and keep you:
May the Lord make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you,
May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace.[/FONT]

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am terribly sorry for your loss, Phillip I cannot imagine how difficult this must be for you and your family, My prayers are with all of you in this time!
KK

snowdad

To all who posted on here-I had planned on personally replying to each one, but after reading all of them, realized that with that volume it would take me a very long time and that one thing in and of itself is overwhelming to me that so many people I have never met would care enough to send a thought or prayer of condolence. I assure each and everyone here that I did take the time to read each word that was written. I especially appreciate the prayer of the Chaplain. Everything meant so much. It has been 2 weeks this morning since she slipped the surley bonds of earth and is now able to be a little girl again as she once did before the accident. She no longer has to suffer the consequences of her body turning against her due to the brain injury and I feel she is having a most wonderful time. I grieve this morning in the fact that I can't be there and watch and join in. She has taught her family and friends a lot in her 11 years of suffering. She was a fighter, but the time comes for all fighters to lay down their armour and take a well deserved rest. I miss her and always will. Our lives and home are now so empty without her. The world is less of a place without her, but is a wonderful place with people possessed of a caring expressed so eloquently by so many people here. Once again, thank you all for your caring. Take care and hope to get back soon.
Phillip

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks