• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unusual Camo Patterns...... Arctic?

Anyone have any pictures of unusual camo patterns? I was thinking today about the possiblility of moving back to Alaska which got me thinking about Arctic camo, or maybe just plain flat white.........

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I've seen white with black lines in a giraffe pattern. That was pretty cool. Think it was on a SUSV. If I find the picture I'll post it.

FrankUSMC

I have seen Marine trucks painted white with back outlines for operations in Norway. I think it was called "Operation Northern wedding". I saw the trucks at Camp Lejeune, NC.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe snow camo is white background with black splotches, or white with black/brown/forest green, or combinations thereof.

Plain white is UN.

joec

GunnersHusband said:
Anyone have any pictures of unusual camo patterns? I was thinking today about the possiblility of moving back to Alaska which got me thinking about Arctic camo, or maybe just plain flat white.........

I will take some pics of some of the patterns out and show them.

10mtnChevy

RE: Re: Unusual Camo Patterns...... Arctic?

ive seen a few combinations on some drag racing cars using white, gray and black. might find some pictures on www.bradentonmotorsportspark.com, if they are still there. but they did look great! would look amazing on a vehicle it belongs on. will try to locate some old photos and upload them.

Elwenil

Everything I have seen on US arctic camouflage patterns in the modern era has just been plain white. Uniforms used to have black looking splotches mainly because they were copied from older German uniforms. Modern uniforms and arctic covers are just plain white. Camo netting and such are also plain white these days.

For interesting winter or tundra camo patterns, check out a Jane's manual on armor and look at some of the Soviet and Russian pieces. They have a very nice pattern that uses a dark forest green, grey, and light grey that is really cool looking.

Jones

For the four-color system; winter artic is all white. Summer artic is 45% white, 45% native (local to the area) earth tone brown to simulate partialy thawed ground, 5% sand and 5% black.
The three-color system winter artic is 90% white and 10% 35240 blue (kind of a grayish-blue to simulate shadows). Summer artic three-color is like the four-color but leaves out the sand and goes to 10% black.

AK_M1028

I picked up this M1028 this summer here in Alaska. As you can see in the bed, remnants of the snow camo. The green and white is CARC. You can see on the body of the truck somebody painted over the white with cheap brown and black. I've been driving it with the current paint, but plan on stripping off the brown and black soon.

Attachments

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On my deuce, that had both desert camo and jungle camo parts, I just rattle canned over the darker colors with grey primer and over the lighter colors with white primer then retraced all the black lines with flat black.
It pulled the two paint schemes together.
I like it.
I was orginally going to go with a german winter camo scheme.
This winter scheme also works well in sagebrush.
Plus if you add any chrome, like big pull chains it lools like light reflecting off of ice.

Attachments