• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

UnWrapping Sevo's MKT

Sevo

Well Ferro, stef and I got around to getting my MKT uncovered today. Inside was a beautiful MKT that had just been taken out of service and put on GL. They seemed to have left everything in it. And most things had more than one of each.

I was worried as to what we would find inside as the inner cover was damage and I thought this was a prelude of the condition to come of the items inside.... It was just the opisite, it is not missing a thing. All of the burners ahve been updated to the newest version and everything seems barley used. the best part is there was a extra inside cover waiting for me in one of the cabinets.

Thee are a few things that seem to be some sort of rain flys that I am unsure what they are. Maybe mike or cabbel can help me ID thse things?

with all the stuff inside I stole this from GL, mark one up for the good guys!

I am looking forward to cooking on this at the Uharrie Ralley this next saturday.

here are some pics of our evening.

Attachments

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was so awesome, lots of cool stuff inside. It was also in great shape. There was one older MBU, but the rest were the V3 models, one that had only been test run, it had ZERO hours on it! we didn't fire it up as it was low on fuel.

We were upset about the inner rain fly, but finding two newer ones in the ice box was a great surprise! also seems to have two sets of bug netting.

It also has the re-circ air blower to pull hot air form the roof to the floor. As Cabell and I can attest, it gets plenty warm in there! Not sure how nice it would be... maybe if you had to stand at the counter and chop veggies for hours in the cold...

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im happy you got a deal, but as an American Taxpayer, that is flat out waste... Thats a current MKT, with all the current stuff in it. No reason that should of been surplused, as there are units out there in the field that have MKT's in much worse condition than that.

The Lister Bags puzzle me, they arent supposed to be used anymore..

m109guy

Looks good. You got a lot of goodies in there. First one I have seen with the fan included.

We love our MKT and are looking at picking up a second unit. We had ours feeding over a hundred people a few weeks ago and it was a blast. Yeah it can get hot in there, but like they say, if you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen! ;)

It can be a lot of work doing the setup and tear-down afterwards, but it is worth the work.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since I've met Ferro I'm pretty sure that Sevo is the on who looks like he is whispering sweet nothings to his MKT in the last picture. Have you no shame man?

Sweet looking trailer though.

:)

Sevo

VERY Nice,, Can`t wait,,Don`t burn the bacon. Great find. Who is who in the pics? Chris you might want to hide the rolling pin .:-D

Neil
Neil,

We couldn't beleive it when we got into it. Stuff was in every nook and cranny.
I am in the blue t-shirt. Adam (ferro) is the guy with the desert boots on. Stef is the oNe holding the rolling pin ;)

Last edited:

Sevo

Sevo is the on who looks like he is whispering sweet nothings to his MKT in the last picture. Have you no shame man?

:)
That is funny as hell it really looks like that!

I couldn't help it man. She was everything I could have imagined. I had to tell her good night!

Alredneck

Banned
Dude it even looks nicer in the day light all opened up. You did make out like a bandit! Glad to be of service!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks