• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Upcoming Michigan Events...

odjeeper

Lots of stuff happening here in the Great Lakes State yet this season, thought I would put up a reminder post. Don't have a list of them all handy, but here is the events which the MMMT is officially participating in. Feel free to chime in with whatever I've forgotten.

July 26 - AuSable Riverfest Display at Crawford County Courthouse in Grayling - This is the day of the AuSable Canoe Marathon start, there is also a car show, craft show, antique cannon shoot at Camp Grayling and several events for the whole family. The MMMT board meeing is 9 am July 27 at Pineview Surplus just up the road in Frederic.

August 8 through10 - Hillman VJ Celebration, one of the few celebrations left remembering the end of WWII

August 15 through 17 - Great Lakes MVPA, Military Vehicle Show at General Jim's Surplus in Clare

September 26 through 28 - 16th Annual Camp Grayling Color Tour at Wellington Farm Park. MMMT general membership meeting Sept 27 after dinner.

October 4 and 5 - Grayling Train Event (this had originally been cancelled but is back on, though as a model event without the steam locomotive)

zak

I plan on bring my deuce dump, trailering the m37 to Clare on Saturday the 16th. Between now and then I need to put the emergency brake shoes back on the dump and replace a wheel bearing. Oh and adjust the brake shoes on the m37.

odjeeper

Sorry you will not be able to make the Grayling Riverfest this weekend, should be a good time. Look forward to seeing you and your trucks at Clare though, have fun.

TedG

This Sunday, July 27, there is a mv gathering at the VFW National Home in Eaton Rapids, MI. I will have my M185A3 & M37 & hmmwv's. Starts @ 10 & goes to 2pm pm me for details.

I be at Clare with lots of parts! cya

odjeeper

Howdy Bob, great to hear you will be able to join us on Saturday, look forward to seeing you.
Interesting TedG, did not know about the event in Eaton Rapids on Sunday. I will not be able to make it, the MMMT is having their board meeting Sunday morning in Frederic. Hope the event goes well for you.

knattrass

Larry - if you're looking for a ride along, Zac would be available for shotgun! I have a few parts I was considering to bring:

M37 passenger seat back frame with spings/sandblasted/primed
M37 VPW seats (board/foam) all 4 seats, vinyl covered
M37 New Life Canvas Seat Covers in bag(for the VPW seats)
Unmounted 9x16 Denman NDT with flap/tubes (qty=5)
M37 Sandblasted/e-primed/painted wheels (qty=5)
M37 Jim Wallace rebuilt carb
M37 T&N rebuilt fuel pump
7000lb engine lift -tow behind

Any interest?

ida34

Anyone else going to Thunder over Michigan this year? I will have the deuce there. My daughter is working traffic with the Civil Air Patrol.

zak

Keith, thanks for the offer but I'll be coming down from the Oscoda area. Bring your parts, I'm sure they will get snapped up. See you there.

newt

I'll be at Thunder Over Michigan. My engine is out of my halftrack so I'm bringing my live 50 and crewing a tank. I'll try finding you Ida34. Or just listen for the 50 :lol:

TedG

Chuck,

Regarding Thunder, my friend Lance is going with his MB and he trying to talk me into taking my WC56. I will see how my schedule is then.

I definately will be at Clare with tons of parts for 2.5t and 5t. I will make up a list and post so that whoever is interested can get free freight up to the show.

Regards,

67Beast

Also don't forget that there is the show and swap meet in Silver Lake on Sept. 13. This the 3rd year for the show and it keeps growing each year. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=23667

As far as Clare, if anyone has a set of M37 fuel can brackets they want to sell, bring them with them, as they are about the only thing left missing from my M37. I'm going to try and bring all 3 of my trucks to Clare if I can swing it.

ida34

Great news. I found out that Sept 13 is not a U of M home game. I will most likely be able to attend Silver Lake this year. There is even a slim chance that I will not have to work the games this year. There is even a game on opening day of deer season. :evil: I hope I don't have to work them.

odjeeper

Glad to see some activity here about the upcoming Michigan events. I will not be able to attend Thunder this year, plan to be in Hillman for their VJ-day celebration, maybe someday I'll make it down for that, sounds like a cool event. Do plan to attend Clare though, would like to make Silver Lake also and don't forget about the Camp Grayling Color Tour the end of September. Everyone should have the flyer for that by now, if not there will be some at Clare, or they can be mailed.

Figured I'd throw in a couple pics from Grayling this summer. The Riverfest display was pretty disappointing, had several folks with breakdowns on the way, the most we have ever had, at least no one was hurt. Several of the guys went out to see the antique cannon shoot while in town, have some photos of that also if anyone is interested.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks