• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Update-52's are getting closer to being on-and refurb work

cleb

Maybe tripping a breaker that self resets? Have you tried different trailers or just that M105 that was causing the problem on our recovery trip? Just got my WA plate in the mail today, glad thats finally taken care of! You still interested in the Canvas? I might be up for a trade for a vinyl cover? PM Me...

MilitaryRestoration

lil off getting the goal of 52's on ;-) but getting other things done as well that are probably more important anyway... i hope to have 52's, new fender, and interior all redone over and painted by next week wednesday...so it's a push! here are some pictures since the last ones...

Attachments

MilitaryRestoration

more progress...starting to see end of tunnel but hope before the show...only 5 more days and still quite a bit of work...

first picture need your opinion... i know almost 100% that my m818 had the gun ring mount on it while in service, going by the left but loosened ubolts in the back of the cab, the unpainted uprights on the back of the cab due to the ring legs being there when truck got painted, the loosened bolts and missing bolts from the front leg mount and also the wear on the passenger seat tread plate.... so this is my question, do you supposed that this 'tally' on dash could be kills?.... or ....?

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're doing great! Makes me wanna look forward to repainting my rig!

Oh, and those tally marks aren't kills. They are the tally for the number of quarts of oil the driver had to add to the crankcase since the last official oil change.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
maddawg308 said:
You're doing great! Makes me wanna look forward to repainting my rig!

Oh, and those tally marks aren't kills. They are the tally for the number of quarts of oil the driver had to add to the crankcase since the last official oil change.
Not kills? You're ruining it for him. :)

Nice looking project. Makes me wish I was ready to do my trucks.

MilitaryRestoration

interior is done! :) just gotta spray seat frames and install them and then put the new cab top on

Attachments

MilitaryRestoration

more...

BTW******!!!!!!

In the third picture do you notice that two of the gages are messed up. That is because I found out that the newer style of gages dont hold up to laquer thinner like the originals do. So just fyi and be warned ;-) It was an instant reaction, yet the originals could take the wiping over and over again so had to steal two gages out of the other trucks

Attachments

grounded

Banned
for equal? have you contacted your local big rig tire shops? they should all have it in stock.

if not let me know ill bring you some bags of it next week LOL.. (wonder what the airports say about that rofl)

MilitaryRestoration

ok, and i tried getting a hold of you via pm but you must of never got it and then i posted a post in a thread right after you did trying to get a hold of you as well... I've had that place finder magazine for this area waiting to send it to you but dont have your address. you can either pm me or post on here doesn't really matter to me anyway. Or let me know if you even still need it. Thanks for the offer/help too