• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Update from Daytona Beach

lrjet23

Howdy All,

Been off line for a bit, making the final move. We arrived last Thursday evening, and are in thr process of unpacking, and getting the house in order. Friday was a such a wonderful day, we had to stop "work", and take 'her' for a drive on the beach.

The wife, dog, and I went for a stroll.

The wife didn't hear anything wrong, or anything at all, :driver:with the trans., but I still could. After everything settles down with the move, I'll get to looking at her. Probably next week. Then I will be asking questions!

Just sharing the fun!!!!

Attachments

AceHigh

I see your location is Ponce Inlet. I can't believe that would be a deuce friendly town? Are you going to be able to park it OK?

Big Case is just a few miles south of you in New Smyrna. I used to live in Port Orange. Keep the pictures coming!

deucebigalo

you know, I have been to Daytona Beach before but didn't care too much for the town...maybe a bad experience...but now after seeing that picture of that beautiful MV on the beach, I think I might have to come back for a visit.....awesome pictures....thanks

Yarb

I went to Embry Riddle in Daytona Beach. If you enjoy going fishing and/or the sun then it rocks!

I've also seen a number of privately owned deuces down there, so perhaps the town is accepting of MV's.

Chris

bassetdeuce

The city codes here are VERY large vehicle unfriendly. That said, there are several code enforcement officers for the different zones in the city, so it depends. Ours tends to use her discretion against you, whether or not you are actually violating code. According to the city code, I can't even have my Dodge dually in the driveway as it is considered a commercial vehicle, regardless of how it is registered. (6 tires or more and a GVWR over 10000) I spoke to a Daytona Beach police Lt. about this issue, since there is a county cop down the street who likes to call up code enforcement on everyone. He said I must keep it enclosed or away from public view. The backyard is unusable because of our HOA. Of course, all manner of playground furniture is fine, since it appeases the soccer moms (who hate us.... too bad :twisted:).

Daytona Beach USED to be a #1 spot for spring break, but the idiots running the city are trying to make it more "family friendly", at the cost of tourism dollars. Police ARE everywhere, and aren't afraid of writing people up for spitting on the sidewalk or farting in their vicinity. I've seen this all before, since I used to live in another beach/tourist town that used to be a fun place to be. :rant:

Sorry for the rant, but this is why I'm moving out of here soon. Deltona was a much more free place to live, but that place is getting overdeveloped like much of the rest of Florida. Thus, freedom will end shortly. We have our trucks in storage up in JAX, and I will be busy preparing them for the journey north.

lrjet23

I only have two neighbors on the other side of the street. Woods on both sides of the house. I looked into the laws about the truck months ago. I only found one that says no trucks over 1 ton, in the driveway for more than 48 hours,which does not make any sence. :confused: The cadillac in the garage weighs in at 4600 lbs empty.

When I first moved here, I made sure to talk to the neighbors across the street. I thought I would have a problem with one, but turns out they love the truck.

Folks can have RV's, as long as they are beyond the plain of the house. So, I carved out a section of trees, and there she sits in the bushes. If..... IF, I get a complaint, I'll just back her up further and install a gate. I hope the current situation is good enough...... unless someone complains. So far.... So good.

Attachments

Last edited:

1stDeuce

Hahahaa... I think the "1 ton" refers to the common rating, not the actual weight... even one of those mini trucks weighs more than 2000lb... :)

So what happens if you have a "1 ton" and you pry off the badges and put on some 3/4 ton badges?? Problem solved. Unless they count tires and yours is a dually. That happens, then it's time to "super single" the rear axle I guess.

I'm pushing the limits here in Howell... Inside city limits, unregistered truck in the drive, and sometimes parked on the lawn. Nobody complains, but I'm not exactly in a classy neighborhood...
C

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks