• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Update on my blown engine

moleary

Well, its been a while since I updated everyone on my 'sploded engine... After killing the newly restored HMMWV back in December I finally tracked down a good 6.2L HMMWV take out about two or three hours away. I offered the guy $200 and he accepted - when we got down there we offered him another $50 for a second engine and he bit on that too...

We've dropped the engine in and it fired up beautifully - no problems at all - it sounds better than my original ever did! The only problem we have now is that the belts on the alternator are slapping around like crazy, even with great tension on them. We are really stumped - has anyone else ever experienced that?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

JDToumanian

Cool deal! It's amazing to me that a good running, reliable diesel engine can be had for so little money. I'll be sad when the supply of good surplus dries up, as I suspect it eventually will...

Jon

moleary

I got it in Central Florida - the guy has a bunch of them. Do you want the phone number? I can tell you that shipping it is NOT a viable option for this guy. He had to use a tree limb and block and tackle to get it onto our pick-up and he's located down a dirt road with no way to haul them out.

I think a lot of his engines took a one way trip down that road.