• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Updated pg #5; I now own a 1990 M923A2.

SirKen

Well, the low-boy left me the truck in the middle of a dark empty parking lot. Just got it home in the driveway... eventually. The turning radius is huge, you're shocked I know.

For a 15 minute ride home in the dead of night, it was the most fun I've had with my pants on. Here's to many more trips in my future.

Can't stop grinning, a grown man... like a kid at Christmas time.

Rmtaunton

Your talking to the choir now , we all know that smile :::)))) there is only one problem though ! You only think now you need just one :) welcome to the club, sadly this club doesn't keep you from getting another, there will be random people here you have never met willing to help you tow , encourage, preview, haul and help you fix the next one and the one you have :)

Carlo

When I bought our M923A1 my wife helped me pick it out. We looked at several, but kept going back to the one we bought. Between the wife and I, the truck was a compromise purchase. I wanted a jeep TJ, and she wanted a Polaris razr. I think we picked the right vehicle.

She could hardly wait until I got it insured, mounted a tag light bracket from "those military guys", fixed the horn and found 24 volt light bulbs. She drove it to work every Friday for at least two months.
WOW, you are a lucky man!

SirKen

Ok, I missed something here. I thought I followed the instructions in the TM but after removing the 10 lug nuts from the rear tire to replace it (since it has a slow leak). The tire will not fit over the hub to remove it from the truck; what did I miss, do I have to disassemble the hub too?

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought you were having problems getting it over the hub where you would have a stem sticking out and have to remove that plumbing in order to jockey the wheel around that stem.

SirKen

...looks from the picture you still have a fitting in it.
Yes, the one part of the fitting is still there and I can shift the rim over that but not past the flare at the end of the hub. I'll try again tomorrow in the day light; ran out of enough work light.

R Racing

If you have to pull the axle , Its pretty easy . Just remove the bolts ( 10 ) and use a screw driver or a chisel to break the seal. The axle should slide right out .

Tornadogt

It will clear it's just tight with any paint buildup or if someone went a little over board with the silicone on the hub. when I remove wheels on any M939a2 truck it is much easier to align the CTIS fitting on the hub to the 6 O-Clock position (straight down) so it is not in the way, and the last bit over the end of the hub is just a good tug and a bit of wiggling.. Also remember to align the Air fitting back in the same possition or you will not get the CTIS line and valve back on the new wheel...

Tornadogt

Looking closer at your photos, you may also have a problem with some of the LOCK WASHERS on the wheel hub they look to be flared out a bit and overhanging past the outer edge of the hub. They should not do that, they maybe catching the wheel and not allowing it to pass by and come off. Also a simple fix get new lock washers and replace one at a time. Remeber to torque the bolts when reinstalled. (I Don't remember the torque spec.s off the top of my head) it is in the TM's

turnkey

Welcome and nice looking rig....Wife yelled first day...Then said..Thing is big enough to clean out the garage...So that's what I did.....LOL..Welcome again...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks