• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

updated pics of my hemtt restoration

dma251

Okay guys - here's the latest.

I was fortunate to have a couple extra days of decent weather here before the winter really starts showing itself. Yesterday i was able to throw the last 3 gallons of green on the truck where it was needed (undercarriage mostly).

I still had some energy left, so I started chalking out the camo. I think I will tackle it later today or tomorrow.

I really did think about just leaving it green over the winter, but I want to put all my new dataplates and lights and such on it for good. This way it's done once and for all, and I can focus on my other goodies (FLIR cameras, MK19 mockup grenade launcher, etc.)

I tried to stay as close to the actual camo patterns as I could, but I wanted to minimize the brown this time. My last truck had way too much brown in it.

Stay tuned for the final pics of the camo in a day or two!

Attachments

dma251

Thanks for the compliments. I will have the tires mounted up and on the truck in a week or two and then I can pull it out of the garage and get some good side shots.

I still have to wire up the rear clearance lights, and put all the reflectors and dataplates on. I also have a little touch-up to do on some of the camo. It is a little thin on the upper-left side of the crane, and I need to redo the fuel tank.

I have the airbox at the sandblaster right now, and then I'll get it powdercoated and back on the truck. I also have some work ahead of me replacing the overhead engine clamshell covers. They are too rusty to save, and so I'll make new ones.

I still have a bunch of electrical goodies to add to it still!

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The green was great, but the Camo is even better.
And with a MK19 grenade launcherup on top, well, that will just be the icing on the cake.

dma251

Okay guys - heres the latest. I still have much to do, but I have started driving it a bit. I took it to the tire shop to have them torque all the lugnuts and bring the air up to 80 in all tires, so I can monitor them for leaks.

I am still working on the enigne covers, and I am still lacking a wheel for my spare tire.... (ANYONE.... ANYONE.....)

I am going to start work on installing the FLIR DVE system, and a small backup and sideview infrared camera.

Also still need to paint the wheels...

And I need to sand out some runs in the black and repaint some spots....

There really is lots to do still.

Attachments