• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

UPDATED w/PHOTOs 9-8-08 M35A2 Recovery Trip FT Lewis

kurtkds

Congrats on the getting your baby home and on the promotion..

I saw the truck with the pioneer tools on it also.. I was over there on Friday picking up a injection pump for steelsoldiers so I took the time to check out the yard to see what they had sitting out there coming up for auction..

No W/W in the yard. But I did see a m105 in pretty good shape but it didn't have bows or canvas.

Anyway, keep the pics of your progress coming.

wsucougarx

Today the deuce donned it's camo cargo cover (no pics yet). Boy did she stink. That cover must have sat in its cover water logged for sometime. When I opened her up I had to stand back. Just then my wife came outside and said "Gees, do they all stink like that?" then she went back inside. I guess I don't have to worry about the wife joyriding in the deuce. No sooner did I have her home did I find 2 sets of yellow jackets trying to nest. Brake cleaner worked pretty good:) I went throughout the truck and treated most of the rust spots w/NAPA rust stuff. I changed out all the filters yesterday and changed the engine oil, filled up the tank (40 gallons to full). My wife is on her way to Seattle and is making a stop at Sherwin-Williams for some CARC paint. I still need to drain/fill the tranny and transfer case and differentials.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Dittos on the congratulations. Nice truck and a respectable promotion. Thank you for your service to this great nation which gives us the right to pray and thank God ( even if it is for a nother duece or 2). I go get my first deuce this Friday at Ft Meade. I plan on keeping a log, taking pics and posting what occurs since previous posting have prepared me on what to do, and, how to do it. I will post my mistakes as well. Taking son (Hedelta) to help with the recovery. Other son (Powerhousedeuce) cannot get off but I know he will be all over this deuce once he gets home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks