• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Upgrade weekend.

offroadchev

Banned
Was pretty busy this weekend. Finally gettin in some of the parts i had bought for the deuce. Put in a coolant heater out of an ambulance, 12v alternator out of a 76 chevy pickup, 12v battery and fuse boxes, a universal keyed ignition switch with start, a muffler from mike at OD, and new rotella elc antifreeze. Will put in the rotella SAE 30 as soon as my filters come in. And put my tires on when i get my rims. Man i love going to a Shell oil warehouse to get the amount of fluids these things take. Im always getting the last one lol.

Attachments

scooter01922

Any particular rational behind the 30 weight oil???? Seems the army switched from 30W to 15-40 a while back and that's what i'm running. FWIW i think that's what almost everyone is running.

looks like the mods are coming right along.

jmh4x4

I like the key ignition and location, I've been looking for a spot to put a keyed ignition, and it was right in front of me :doh:, thanks for the jogging the old brain. sometimes I think I over engineer my problems :-D

Ironclad

Was pretty busy this weekend. Finally gettin in some of the parts i had bought for the deuce. Put in a coolant heater out of an ambulance, 12v alternator out of a 76 chevy pickup, 12v battery and fuse boxes, a universal keyed ignition switch with start, a muffler from mike at OD, and new rotella elc antifreeze. Will put in the rotella SAE 30 as soon as my filters come in. And put my tires on when i get my rims. Man i love going to a Shell oil warehouse to get the amount of fluids these things take. Im always getting the last one lol.
Is that a heater or A/C under the "glovebox"? If A/C, where, why, what, how, etc. please! Las Vegas likes to get HOT!

Where did you get the universal keyed switch for 24 volts?

Nice work! Thanks for the pics.

IHASFIP

Do you have some more pictures of your alternator bracket. That seems llike an intersting idea. That and where did you mount the 12 v battery. I also presume that is an internally regualted alternator?

D

offroadchev

Banned
Batteries under pass seat. Bracket is just angle iron marked and drilled. I drilled a hole in the oem bracket about 1 inch away from the end of the slot for the lower mounting point. Yes its internally regulated out of a 76 chevy thats why. I supply it with 12v with a 10 ohm 10 watt resistor from my 24v key switch through 2 relays, so it is not engaged all the time. Wut do you want a pic of??