• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Upgrading my seats, thanks Mike for getting them for me

darr3239

Since you went with shoulder belts I would recommend getting an anti-submarine belt also. I don't know why all performance belts don't come with one. Maybe your buckle won't accept one?

Last edited:

teteacher101

Hi -
This subject seems to be a good place to introduce myself - long time reader, first time poster.

I recently made my own seat cushions to replace the worn out ones that came with my m998. I ordered some 3.5" thick marine grade foam for the bottoms and 2.5" for the seat backs. I used the old seats as templates to start from, but added a little more where I wanted the seats a little bigger. I cut the mounting bolts off the back of the old seats and used a heavy duty glue to fuse it with some new canvas I purchased. The whole project cost about $100, took about and hour and makes a world of difference. Here is a picture.

Shaun
View attachment 639103
IMG_20160813_190503392.jpg

That's exactly what I was thinking about doing. Probably be my winter project I'm thinking. I also like your center seat, what I put in mine is a modified aftermarket UTV seat that is made to face rearward in a UTV box. I just narrowed an lowered it to fit better.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks