• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Urgent question - brake inspection - rear axle seals

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the road in the Netherlands with no time and little good internet access. Normally I would search the forum and the TMs, but like said, no time now and lousy internet, and once I am back home, that supplier is 700 miles away and does not deliver abroad (legal restrictions).

Once home in the Czech Republic, I want to redo the rear brakes, and looking for parts in the Netherlands now. I am going to my normal surplus supplier for some spare parts, but the guy working their and using the TMs and PC to find numbers has gone, and nobody knows were those data or parts are.

Like with the front brakes, you take of the drum to get to the brakes. When reassembling the drum, you have to pack the bearing and replace the "outer seal" as well??

- Anybody remember the parts number of that seal?
- they are different than those up front??
- anybody remember a thread about redoing the rear hubs and brakes of a FIVE-TON.

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The rears have an outer seal that keep the gear oil on the inside and there is a wedge of cork that also plugs the keyway on the spindle:
5330-00-961-3596, p/n 7413447
There's also a gasket between the axle shaft flange and the hub: 5330-01-377-9775, p/n 02764 (big mike's shows 7346993)
The inner hub seal I think is the same as the front: 5330-00-740-9550, p/n 7979349

These are from the M809 TM
I'm going to check a parts website shortly to make sure these numbers are right

https://www.bigmikesmotorpool.com/collections/5-ton-parts/axle-parts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks