• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

US made Mil Veh manufacturers list needed...

armytruck63

If you're looking for logos, check out aths.org
They may have logos you could copy. Many of the companies are or were obscure, so it may be hard to find those logos. Also, the logos change over time, so a logo from WWII might look quite different from their modern logo. Corporate web sites might show how the logo used to look. Happy Hunting!

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Didn't Grandpa from Walton's mountain help the war effort by making military jeeps from old rum runners? No wait; I stand corrected, he sawed lumber for troop seats.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Parade line up pic..

After a quick "15 foot" paint job and mounting of 'manufacturer Logo's signs' - here is the line up pic. Parade was fun - loads of candies thrown.
Was joined by Sherman (M38 + trailer), Ted (Dodge pickup M??), jatonka (bobbed 5 ton), dougco1 (M1009 + M101) and Lorna (Jeep with "HUMVEE" body kit).

Attachments

waayfast

Found this old thread. Just occurred to me that Oliver tractor also makes this list. My latest Cletrac M2 Medium High Speed tractor was built toward the end of the production run by Oliver after they took over Cletrac.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sky Trak (ATLAS Forklifts) Kalmar (container handlers) and John Deere (SEE replacement tractors IIRC) as well.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found this old thread. Just occurred to me that Oliver tractor also makes this list. My latest Cletrac M2 Medium High Speed tractor was built toward the end of the production run by Oliver after they took over Cletrac.
Most of the major tractor manufacturers built some sort of military equipment. I know Allis Chalmers made some armor and International Harvester made some stuff too.

The truth is, there aren't many major US manufacturers that haven't made some sort of military equipment at some point. Especially during WWII.