• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Us military Kawasaki lx250t ?

Hummermark

Hi in the uk there is someone advertising what they say is x us military Kawasaki lx250t picture does show a gov planet sticker on it with geo 2883 .
Have google serched military Kawasaki lt250t but nothing comes up on ?it can someone confirm this model was/is used by the us military.

Hummermark

i was using the model prefix the seller put in there add they are selling it as a Kawasaki LX250T
Perhaps the seller has got it wrong?
I also see there does not appear to de any black out lights fitted?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Found it, what he has is a former USAF cots (Civilian off the shelf) Bike even has a USAF registration # 08 for the year bought, X= motorcycle, 13422 last part of the vin number They would buy them Via GSA and the just paint them usually with rattle cans black or sand, so none of the extra stuff the came with the Haynes bike from the past. Yours came out with 3 others from Molesworth. £475 running was a great price,, remember he had fees and other expensive to fetch them. Those GP ad and the UK sales ad of the owner is the only place I have seen a LX may be some euro thing.

The sure sign of a Older pre 08 US KLr250 M1030 is the nerf /crash bars and the rear luggage rack, like eaw46 pictures. There should also be a military data sticker on the left side of the frame neck, a lot of times the mil BO light and switch get removed. The military Klr 650 M1030b1 has only ele start, mil only crash bar and data tag on the right side swing arm. https://www.govplanet.com/for-sale/Motorcycles-2008-Kawasaki-LX250T-Bike-GBR/2946780?h=5000,sm|1,k|Kawasaki+LX250T,mf|1&rr=1&hitprm=&pnLink=yes

Attachments

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial

Hummermark

Hi thanks for that very informative good background to the klx or lx250t.
I note the gov planet molesworth link also describes it as a LX250T do you think they got it wrong and is in fact a KLX250T ?
When serching the web it appears the Japanese military use the KLX250T there version looks more or the part for military use then the gov planet ones!

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's perfectly possible that they got the wrong model number. People are human.

Dirt bikes are constant COTS purchases. I have a Honda one that probably came from NAVSPECWARCOM, although the paperwork just says something about Navy systems command or something. If it's painted up and it's coming out of DRMO, it was US Gov at some point.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I don't have a clue who modified the JGSDFKLX250
These pictures are USAF ones from a year ago from at a motorcycle atv training course that operators must take use these in the field.
This has both a Hayes KLR250 modified to M1030 with racks, bo lights and other mods and a COTS KLR250 just painted black
usafklr250.JPG
This shows the front of the M1030 HDT bike, goggle pouch on fender, bo marker light, buffalo steel hand guard, and motor crash bar
usaf250japan.JPG
post 08 cots klr250
usafbike250.JPG
HDT had stopped building military bikesby 2008 and was closed sold off 2009 and that company, built no bikes
Your bike was released with a NSN 2340013405246 which is the old HDT M1030 D8 bike, yours is not
(FEAT) 4-STROKE 1 CYLINDER ENGINE W/ELECTRONIC IGNITION ADVANCE;MANUAL CLUTCH,5-SPEED TRANSMISSION;11.0 LITER FUEL TANK CAPACITY;SINGLE HYDRAULIC DISC FRONT BRAKE;MECHANICAL DRUM REAR BRAKE

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks