• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

US to transfer HMMWVS to Iraq

BLK HMMWV

Snarky

Lesson # 1
They don't use hummers in the military.
There HMMWV's pronounced Humvees.

That word is offensive to us HMMWV owners.

Hummers are usually received in the dating years, early years of marriage and are seldom given out after the first piece of retired military hardware arrives at your house.

Also the pile of poop made by GM and identified as a H2 or H3 recently sold to China is a Hummer .

BH

Last edited:

Blood_of_Tyrants

To paraphrase the immortal words of Sgt. Hulka from "Stripes", "Lighten up with that hummer, Snarky." We don't need snobs, here.

Snarky

Lesson # 1

Hummers are usually received in the dating years, early years of marriage and are seldom given out after the first piece of retired military hardware arrives at your house.

Also the pile of poop made by GM and identified as a H2 or H3 recently sold to China is a Hummer .

BH

Snarky

Snarky

Lesson # 1

BH

Hmmmmmm lets see? Am I the first to use hummer in this thread? NOPE!

Lets us count shall we?

US Plans to Transfer 8,000 Hummers to Iraq

The topic of this thread should be "Look how many AMERICAN lives will be saved by giving hummers away"

So - if Uncle Sam is giving 8,000 Hummers to Iraq, do 8,000 kisses go with it? Work with me here, fellas...

Maybe they could be counted in the CARS (Cash for Clunkers) program & improve sales at the US imported car dealership?

'Tanner'
I don't need a terminology check on your HMMWV. I know what a High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle is, Hummer is easy to say. It's not the H1 Hummer's fault that GM thought the H2 should be a suburban and the H3 should be a Colorado.

wb1895

At least HALF of all the Iraqi HMMWV's that I have seen here in Iraq are already broke and gathering dust. We are constantly being asked by the Iraqi's to have our mechanics work on their vehicles. From what I have seen if the HMMWV breaks they just park it a dont think of it again.

I am amazed at the complete lack of motivation to do ANYTHING from the Iraqi's. When we get a good piece of credible information and want to act on it, we cant get them to assist us in anyway. We can send out 50 guys to do a raid, and they will send out ONE pick-up with 3 guys in it. AND THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THE LEADING ELEMENT!!!!!

wdbtchr

Snarky

Lesson # 1

BH
I never understood why anyone would pay what I would consider a grosely overpriced 3/4 ton Chevy truck with a weird body that I don't think even looks line a HUMVEE. Nuff said.

kc5mzd

most Iraqi soldier's like us and are trying to be like my platoon and company! We helped train them and the average soldier loves his country just like we do. As for them turning on us it hasn't really happened yet sometimes yes because of trigger happy soldiers but no real threat we train and fight alongside them. I may not like our current commander n chief but the humvee sales started years ago and most if not all are bought buy the IDF with their own money like we do in the states.

I read the new Iraqi constitution a while back. I don't think we are leaving them with a sustainable government. Their constitution (when I read it) said that if you belong to one ethnic group then you had to speak a certain language and live in a certain area and attend a certain kind of church. If you belonged to another ethnic group you had to speak a different language and live in a different area and attend a different church and so on...

I was shocked that the US would be involved in the kind of racial segregation that was in the Iraq constitution when I read it. I was hoping they would build a framework that would lead to a future uniting of their country's populations. I think (and hope) someday the Iraqi people will want to see themselves as one people. The constitution we are leaving them with can't do that. If they ever wanted to become a united country they will have to ditch their constitution and form a new country. This is usually where our weapons start to get used against us.

I haven't read it lately all I can do is hope that changes were made - lots of them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks