• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

USA Number Explaination

steelandcanvas

I'm showing myself to be "search impaired" while trying to find a thread written by David Doyle explaining the code in the USA Numbers on military vehicles. I would greatly appreciate someone providing me the link to that thread. I'm trying to help a fellow Club Member decipher the USA Number on the M109 he just aquired. Thanks in advance!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You did find his user name?( DDoyle )

I did an advanced search for "serial number" by author DDoyle, and I got 36 threads. Did you do that and look those over?

I think I recall a thread about deciphering Vin numbers, that was deleted when it went dead. I don't recall if it covered serial number also.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could you post the MVM edition number or year and month, please?

jasonjc

Frist I think I got the OP ? ansered in the other post.

And for you dog head:

Feb 2007 issue number 119.

Any thing else?

:p

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks a lot! Funny thing is, this AM I searched this site and the MVM site and the Internet and could not find the magazine issue number for that article. You just posted it and I leaned over and Bam, there it was in the pile of magazines next to my recliner! :oops:

Barrman

That article is part of the CD MVM is selling for $25 or so. Not trying to advertise for them, but that CD is well worth the money in my opinion.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
The VIN info can search by registration (USA) numbers also but the information should be considered less reliable since in many cases, the registration number is nothing more than painted on a door. Swap the door....

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
That article has some errors as well - one of these days a revised version will appear.

Best wishes,
David Doyle