• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

USA: SS Member - TOYS-FOR-TOTS

SteveKuhn

If your Marines are like ours, it's never too late to offer help and they need all kinds. It doesn't really break loose until Black Friday. That's when everybody starts to think, ":idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: Toys for Tots!!!"

Steve

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I never thought to decorate the Deuce like the truck in the video at 3:10, but I had to smile!
Not for Toys for Tots but it was for charity. We had several trucks out at Elephant Butte Lake in NM last year and had them all decked out with lights. Planning on doing it again this year: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...hant-Butte-Lake-12-14-2013&highlight=elephant

This event has historically involved the larger boats being decorated and paraded but with the drought we have been experiencing, water is scarce. Last year had less and smaller boat than in the past. But, there is beach aplenty. And for that, what better than big ol land yachts like what we have. Since I now have all of the stuff to decorate mine now, I would definately think about doing that when my Toys for Tots contact comes-a-callin.

And by the way, I don't think it is too late either. I contacted my local TFT's back when Chaplain John first posted it and they told me to stand by, they will be in touch.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not for Toys for Tots but it was for charity. We had several trucks out at Elephant Butte Lake in NM last year and had them all decked out with lights. Planning on doing it again this year: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...hant-Butte-Lake-12-14-2013&highlight=elephant

This event has historically involved the larger boats being decorated and paraded but with the drought we have been experiencing, water is scarce. Last year had less and smaller boat than in the past. But, there is beach aplenty. And for that, what better than big ol land yachts like what we have. Since I now have all of the stuff to decorate mine now, I would definately think about doing that when my Toys for Tots contact comes-a-callin.

And by the way, I don't think it is too late either. I contacted my local TFT's back when Chaplain John first posted it and they told me to stand by, they will be in touch.
These MVs can be such awesome ambassadors to our communities and various charities. Convoy on, Soldier!

SteveKuhn

Help NNJ Boy Scouts Help Toys for Tots

The following request for multiple days was posted to the the MTA list but we know there are more MVs in our area than we have club members, so we need you and your MV. It's not an MTA event. It's a Boy Scouts/USMC effort and we just happen to be a contact point for the right rolling stock.

These toys will go to the Marines at Picatinny who already have a requests totalling 250,000 (that's right) items this year, and a nearly bare warehouse. They need to cover from down around Ft Dix north the the NY line, from the Hudson River to the PA boarder. That's lots of kids.

Please look over the following schedule and see if you can spare a couple of hours with your truck to help the Boy Scouts fill this need.

If you can bring your MV to an event or two, please contact Tim (who you might know from his work at the Sussex show) at the email he's provided (Tim Farrell tim.farrell @ ieee.org no spaces). Please don't post to this thread or send a response to me. It'll only slow things down. Tim hasn't had much time to visit SS lately due to work.

I hope we can get a solid response for this worthy effort.

Steve
Boy Scouts of America – Patriots’ Path Council

2013 Toys for Tots Collection Events

Tuesday December 3[SUP]rd[/SUP], 7:30pm to 9:00pm: Black River District Roundtable, Redeemer Lutheran Church, Succasunna

Tuesday December 3[SUP]rd[/SUP], 7:30pm to 9:00pm: Munsee District Roundtable, Oscelo Church, Clark

Wednesday December 4[SUP]th[/SUP], 7:30pm to 9:00pm: Watchung Mountain District Roundtable, Vermeula Community & Senior Citizens Center, North Plainfield

Wednesday December 4[SUP]th[/SUP], 7:30pm to 9:00pm: Raritan Valley District Roundtable, Somerville Middle School, Somerville

Thursday December 5[SUP]th[/SUP], 7:30pm to 9:00pm: Fishawack District Roundtable, Patriots’ Path Council Office, Cedar Knolls

Thursday December 5[SUP]th[/SUP], 7:30pm to 9:00pm: Sussex District Roundtable, Wallkill Valley High School, Hamburg

Saturday December 7[SUP]th[/SUP], 8:00am to 3:30pm: University of Scouting, Randolph Middle School, Randolph

ranchhopper

Did the McHenry county marines toys for tots today heres a few pics Im glad I put in a block heater this week it was 9 degrees this morning when I fired the truck up I still had summer blended fuel in the tank so I dumped five gallons of kerosene into the fuel and the truck ran like a champ temps stayed in the low 20s all day.

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
did the mchenry county marines toys for tots today heres a few pics im glad i put in a block heater this week it was 9 degrees this morning when i fired the truck up i still had summer blended fuel in the tank so i dumped five gallons of kerosene into the fuel and the truck ran like a champ temps stayed in the low 20s all day.
a p p l a u s e ! ! !