• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

USAF Thiokol 601

Freon

Yes sir, I have finally joined and I have found a pair of front bogie wheels from Spryte improvement.

So while were on the subject of tracks, The inside backers plates for your grouser's look like they are aluminum? Was that standard on the 601 or has someone made those?

RangerBob

All of my Thiokols (Imp, Sprytes, 601s, 4T10) have aluminum backers (I will verify that in the next few days), so I'm pretty sure they were standard. My 601 is the most 'all original' machine I have.

snowtrac nome

All of my Thiokols (Imp, Sprytes, 601s, 4T10) have aluminum backers (I will verify that in the next few days), so I'm pretty sure they were standard. My 601 is the most 'all original' machine I have.
my 2100 had cheesy steel backers made of heavy sheet the bolts pulled right through them I have been changing them over to a stamped dished style from a 3700 some are stainless some are just steel

joaquin12

My 601 is now in more trustworthy hands.

View attachment 520209 View attachment 520210

She is currently getting some work done on her running gear. The engine seems to be running fine, but the first trip up the mountain will tell. Meanwhile...

View attachment 520213 View attachment 520218

Tire repair and/or replacement. I do need to find a couple of spare wheels eventually, but we haven't located the F&H casting number on any of them.

View attachment 520211 View attachment 520212

The tracks are getting a once-over.

View attachment 520214 View attachment 520215

One of the brake control levers is far too 'floppy'. I'm sure the master cylinder on that side is shot/corroded. It's a common failure, and there is a very nice stainless upgrade for it, but not sure I'm going that way. Money...

View attachment 520216 View attachment 520217

Also on the immediate list, a fuel system flush and a bit of work on the choke. There may be some axle and drive sprocket work at some point, but not this year. I expect to be driving her up the mountain by early December. Woohoo!
Hi where can i find parts for the master cylinder are the up grade i have 1 that is shot please any info would be a help

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks