• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

use of lucas oil stabilizer

Camoclad

Has anyone used Lucas oil stabilizer in a multifuel? Instructions say 20-60%. Says it will eliminate wear due to dry starts. Kind of expensive but if it works I guess its worth it. I also use the upper cylinder lubricant to compensate for the low sulfer fuel issue. My engine only has 105hrs on it so I really don't want to screw it up. At the same time if these products actually work as claimed then my motor could last a real long time. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

wdbtchr

I don't have any scientific evidence to show it helps, but I've been using it for years because one of the engineers I worked with said it would help especially for turbo charged engines. It has a long kling time similar to the turbine oils we used in our steam turbines.

My older and well used farm tractors run quieter and burn less oil with it and the 5 ton dumptruck is definitely smoother and quieter with it than without. After service in the crankcases I filter it and use it for fuel in my trucks and forklift.

As far as price, if you watch O'reilly's has it on sale often. I buy it buy the gallons myself.

Jake0147

Every benefit promised by every miracle in a bottle comes at the expense of another property. Air is not a good lower end lubricant. My personal opinion is that engines run forever on this additive in spite of it's being there, not because of it.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/images/lucas/lucas.htm

Now, will the timing gears in the front cover of your engine make your oil foam up this much? Probably not. But how much is OK? What other properties are adversely affected that are not so readily visible to the naked eye...

Food for thought only. I don't have all the answers...

jj9620

I use it in my over the road truck with cat engine I used it in a previous truck with a series 60 detroit in it I had over million on it and motor was never tore down for repair except for rod and mains at 700000 they still looked very good so I swear by them I also use Lucas fuel additive so thats my two cents worth.

M-211
M-1008

67Cougar

I used to use it in my 3406A Cat. The truck would start to consume large amounts of oil after about 4000 miles. I would change the oil and it wouldn't use oil again until the 4000 mile mark. Never figured it out. Started running 20% Lucas and the problem went away. Ran it till I sold the truck.

I still use it in all of my trucks.

oldshep

I work at O'Rielly Auto Parts and we sell alot of lucas. I read some where that the lucas fuel treatment dosent really help diesels. To help with the dueces oil pressure issues i put in a couple gallons of 15-40 Rotella synthetic .My front head gasket leaks a little but the synthetic oil didnt make it worse. Maybe ill pour in some lucas next oil change. Atleast i get all my stuff at store cost.:-D

gbooth

I have used it in my truck since I put the motor in. I don't drive mine a lot and what I like is the protection against the dry starts. I know it works cause when you pull the dipstick out you can feel the tackiness on the stick.

unclemikey

I have got it in my deuce and I like it ! Just recoved two M109s at Ft. Riley, one on a trailer, one on the road. Added Lucas to the one driving ( not knowing condition age of oil) and drove it back 700 miles. Ran better and better the farther we went. Till something better comes along.....I'am sold!:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks