• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Useing My M101A2 and M116A2 in the 2012 Oakmont Christmas Parade

harleyhouse

Our town had it's 2012 Light up night this past Saturday November 17th
The Harley family builds a float for the parade and this year we wanted to spread the word about
Operation Christmas Child We called them and asked if we could use their logo on the truck and distribute flyers to people along the route. We distributed 500 flyers and could have passed out 500 more.

We decorated the M101A2 and M116A2 trailers as a delivery service theme.
Boxes loaded with toys and gifts destined to Santa Claus and a new Reindeer for his team.
We had a blast and the trailers followed along just fine.

My M101A2 has a 2" receiver on the rear with safety chain loops and is wired for a 7 blade round plug.

Attachments

Last edited:

NEWFDAD

I don't know about Pennsylvania but here in Montanna it is legal to pull two trailers. There are many peaople that have a fifth wheel camper with a boat or several four wheelers on a trailer behind the camper. Oh, its also legal to drive the four wheelers and UTVs on the roads!

Nick

That is pretty cool!.

I just bought an old cotton module trailer for use as a float for our fire prevention dept to use during parades. It gained me some points with our dozer operators, cuz we usually unload the bulldozer from the transport and use the transport as the float. usually put the dozer out of service for two or three weeks, for all the parades. Now once I cut the mesh sides off the cotton trailer we will have a flatbed trailer to use and I can pul it with my Power Wagon. The whole set up wont be ready til next year though.

harleyhouse

I pulled the two just for the parade, I did test drive it when I wired up the M101A2 for a tandem tow.
It pulls great and snakes around any curve. All wheels are in the same track and the trailers are level.
One or Two the truck pulled just fine. " just no way to back them up in line"
I did get some strange looks when I pulled them on the test drive around town.

Nick

3Fd3Ie3Ja5I25E55Hdcaoe487607a2b991742.jpg

This one isn't mine, thought I had pics of mine, but I cant find em.
But this is a cotton module trailer.

I paid 300 bucks for it, Im hoping I can make a little back when I cut the sides off and take it all in for recycle

harleyhouse

That is a sweet trailer!
I searched for local hay trailers to me and they started at $300.00 for relics.

You could hold a barn dance on that floor!
Very nice.

I could see spending $300.00 for that!

Nick

Yeah, definitely worth it, cut the sides off and get some back, and re do some of the wood, plenty of room for Smokey, Santa and some helpers. We usually have a big wood bench our Conservation Camp made from redwood from the State Forest sitting on the end and Santa sits there. But this is just as big as the dozer transport trailer, so now we can do some permanent things and not hafta worry about takin it all off after the holidays. Ill have my Power Wagon all decked out in vintage CDF stuff, decal, red light on the roof, siren. Should be fun. Wish I could do it this year, but too much work to do to the trailer and the PW isnt done. So one more year of the transport. I know its not military, but itll still be cool. What can I do to make it military to make it acceptable on this forum?? lol

LuckyDog

... plenty of room for Smokey, Santa and some helpers. ...
Smokey & Santa? :cookoo: Whoops, just looked at where you're located Nick.... Up 'har we's don't see bears and Santa at the same time... (maybe two of each at a time, but never each togther):beer:

I agree with Harley, that is one sweet trailer. Even sweeter when considering the price.

Nick

Ha, ok, progress should be quick and easy. Cut the sides off, replace the wood and paint.

Im not sure what the length is, I go on duty tomorrow, Ill get some pics of my actual trailer and the length of it.

If ya don't mind me hijacking and posting in your thread Ill keep ya updated, like I said, since its not military, dunno how Id post a thread about it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks