• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Uses for Deuces

ridingshotgun

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Super Deuce - hauling old cement!

Have been busting up old cement with the dozer and loading it with the skidloader. I got a new toy for the skidloader - a grapple! Makes loading that stuff a breeze! Hauled 8 loads up to the neighbors ( 2 miles away) to a washout that he wanted to fill in. The last load was an old concrete water tank that used to be filled by a windmill. It was heavy and my crawler couldn't break it up, so I loaded it in one piece and dumped it! It was too much weight, but the deuce handled it like a champ! I might have celebrated with a malt beverage after that one! :D

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have been busting up old cement with the dozer and loading it with the skidloader. I got a new toy for the skidloader - a grapple! Makes loading that stuff a breeze! Hauled 8 loads up to the neighbors ( 2 miles away) to a washout that he wanted to fill in. The last load was an old concrete water tank that used to be filled by a windmill. It was heavy and my crawler couldn't break it up, so I loaded it in one piece and dumped it! It was too much weight, but the deuce handled it like a champ! I might have celebrated with a malt beverage after that one! :D

:grd::popcorn::whistle:
Pic #5 sure shows just how much these truck can "really" carry. I'll guess it's well beyond "street legal", but it's still impressive.

[thumbzup]:jumpin::driver:

ridingshotgun

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pic #5 sure shows just how much these truck can "really" carry. I'll guess it's well beyond "street legal", but it's still impressive.

Yep! Good thing it was gravel and dirt road between loading and dumping. No DOT checkpoints! I have no idea what that old piece of crete weighed, but it sure was heavy. I'd like to know...just for bragging rights! I can promise you I won't be hauling that much again.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep! Good thing it was gravel and dirt road between loading and dumping. No DOT checkpoints! I have no idea what that old piece of crete weighed, but it sure was heavy. I'd like to know...just for bragging rights! I can promise you I won't be hauling that much again.
I can hear the groaning all the way over here in WY! Kinda gives you an idea what a low rider Deuce looks like...not a pretty picture :oops:! Makes me wonder...All the deuces I've seen have only one set of springs. My XM-211 has 2 sets of springs on each side. Sort of like a super duty overloads (picture posted). Enjoy those malt beverages, you earned them!

Attachments

sickmoparfreak

I've used my deuce for :

Hauling stone by the pallet for my house

A scaffold to work on my barn

Pulling mobile homes at my dealership

AND were installing a wheel lift on my bobber to do repo work with......

Best of all is always hauling the kids through the river!

sickmoparfreak

I've used my deuce for :

Hauling stone by the pallet for my house

A scaffold to work on my barn

Pulling mobile homes at my dealership

Best of all is always hauling the kids through the river!

212sparky

When I think repo truck deuce is not the first thing that comes to mind. Pictures and video are required for this for sure!!!!

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last time we had a get together it got used as a dining platform.

2013-05-18 19.33.24.jpg

Mostly she is used as a mobile platform and workshop for when we bring out all the machine guns. We have a few here, usually we have several times this much out.

2013-07-12 12.11.13.jpg2013-07-12 13.47.13.jpg

She also gets used as a camper, being self contained with aircon and now a bed up above the cab, its good for hunting trips etc too.

scopionf89

This tread is awesome people are always asking me what I do with my duce. When my company 572 MICO decied to hall mulch for the out side of our building I got a call at 8pm the night before because all our fmtv's were broke or otherwise in use. It only took me 2 1/2 loads to mulch around our company compared to the 12 loads the company two doors down did with pickups.

Don't forget weddings! My dad and I got into these great old machines a few years ago. He has an m35a2 and then when I graduated college he bought me an m109 that I have used as a camper. This summer my parents, my girl that is now my wife, a few friends of mine, and I spent a lot of good time together fixing the m35 up to use in our wedding. It turned out looking great and it was a hit with everyone! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379988971.412623.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1379989253.677977.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1379989267.561875.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1379989292.194669.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks