• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Uses for Deuces

Have you been up to anything special?

Or is it the old story of "no news is good news"?
I'm running a New England club called Granite State Iron Cavalry, I'm mostly on the Facebook groups now. I've got a lot of great guys who have extensive know-how on most MV's. I tend to go to them first with issues before coming to SS but it's nice to return to my roots and check in on the place from time to time!

M37M35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice pics, thanks!

That Methodists trailer looks WAY over 53 foot, but maybe it's just the angle.

How long is that thing overall?!
It seemed really long when I was maneuvering it too, probably cause the axles are slid all the way to the rear.
But it and the Mayflower are actually the same length at 48'. I didn't measure the total length with the deuce hooked to it.

M37M35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you collecting those classic trailers?
What are you going to do with them?

Luv the pics!
I guess I am collecting them, but not because they're classics. They're used for storage. I usually end up getting one here or there if it's cheap enough. I only gave $100 for the Mayflower, but I had to work for it. It had been used for storage behind a business for 15 years, all the tires were rotted, the landing gear had been torched off, and it was sunk in the mud almost to the frame. Spent a day jacking it up and changing the tires, chained up the bad axle, got the neck up high enough to back under it, and used the deuce to pull it out of the mud and around to the parking lot where a wrecker could hook on to it.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess I am collecting them, but not because they're classics. They're used for storage. I usually end up getting one here or there if it's cheap enough. I only gave $100 for the Mayflower, but I had to work for it. It had been used for storage behind a business for 15 years, all the tires were rotted, the landing gear had been torched off, and it was sunk in the mud almost to the frame. Spent a day jacking it up and changing the tires, chained up the bad axle, got the neck up high enough to back under it, and used the deuce to pull it out of the mud and around to the parking lot where a wrecker could hook on to it.
APPLAUSE ! ! !

M37M35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_20181229_152926.jpg

IMG_20190105_152744.jpgIMG_20190105_152801.jpgIMG_20190105_171849.jpgIMG_20190105_171811.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks