• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Uses for Deuces

M37M35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use #745 - Donut Getter

During a pandemic, the going is tough. And when the going is tough, this deuce owner gets donuts!

Within the truck: A dozen donuts consisting of three apple fritters, three plain donuts, two sour cream glazed donuts, two white powder donuts, two chocolate glazed donuts.
Ooo, apple fritters!😋

I was sure I wanted that setup for awhile now, but now I'm super sure!
You can stop at any time now, . . . you're killing me.
:ROFLMAO:

M37M35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saved from the "Fiery Furnace", you're a good man!

It's a lot of work, but a paint job would do her a world of good...
Thanks! I do what I can, I just hate to see old stuff disappear!
I need to try to get it running first. Unfortunately it had water where oil is supposed to be, and things are seized up. That's why I had to pick it up with the deuce, the drivetrain is locked up.

M37M35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I honestly do not know how I am able to live my life without a knuckleboom or a dump truck. It seems that a guy needs to own both to be able to do meaningful stuff. I think you are doing the right thing there.
Haha, it's definitely useful! And my friends have no problem finding uses for it too!:rolleyes: I don't have a dump truck yet, but I could sure use one! But then I'd have to have an excavator to go with it...

M37M35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I came across this old fluid test tank, and my dad decided it would make a great place to put his big industrial air compressor. We leveled a spot next to the workshop, put down railroad ties, and set it in place.
We laid the tank on it's side with the open top facing away from the shop and towards the open field, and the I-beam reinforced base towards the shop. The tank is made of 1/4" plate (the base may be thicker), and it weighs about 4,200 pounds.
With the air compressor in there, you can hardly hear it run from inside the shop. And on the off chance the compressor tank ruptures, anyone in or around the shop should be protected, and the blast should be directed towards the open field.

WP_20170722_010.jpg
WP_20170722_013.jpg
WP_20170723_003.jpg
WP_20170730_004opsec.jpg
WP_20170730_005opsec.jpg

HDN

I honestly do not know how I am able to live my life without a knuckleboom or a dump truck. It seems that a guy needs to own both to be able to do meaningful stuff. I think you are doing the right thing there.
I'd love to have a M108 crane truck and a M105 trailer to tow behind it. I'd load the trailer with the crane ;) My dad used to have an M108 probably 25 years ago. He sold it because the crane machinery was well-corroded and he didn't want to replace it himself.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks