• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Using 4l80 in Humvee with LS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EVANSWASTEOFMONEY

unless i purchased the whole donor vehicle(totaled or theft recovery). I wouldn't attempt it at all. a 6.6 and 6l90 wiring and accessories have to eat up money fast if not sold as one package. I am going with a beefed up rebuilt lq9 cam heads and piston. Going for a msd box and holley carb. I will post a dyno video. A perfectly dyno tuned carb and ignition are almost as good as EFI any day. Less more wiring headaches.

sail78385

Never been a fan of carburetors off road but that’s an easy setup. Wiring isn’t too bad on the 6.6 and 6l90 except you have to take part of the transmission apart to be programmed for a stand alone controller. We will see, I really like the 6.6 L8T platform and most of the LQ engines I’m seeing around here look like rusty boat anchors. I’m planning on using 42” tires so the 6 speed would be pretty perfect for that. If I find a good clean LQ engine I’ll go that route though. Not going to make a decision till the Humvee is in my garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.