• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Using a M1102 as a M197

rbeasley66

I picked up a S-250 shelter and decided to bring it back in the bed of my pickup truck, instead of hauling one of my trailers up and back. The only problem was, when I got home I realized that the S-250 shelter was covering the mount for my goose-neck hitch in the bed of my pickup truck and the goose-neck trailer was behind the fence. And I needed the goose-neck trailer next to the driveway so I could unload the S-250 shelter onto. What to do?

My new M1102 was parked in front of the goose-neck trailer and a thought came to mind :idea: Wonder if I can turn the M1102 into a M197 for a little while to get me out of a bind. I put my goose-neck hitch on top of 2x4's centered slightly forward of the axle in the bed of the M1102, strapped it down tight 4 ways, pushed the M1102 into place and then lowered the goose-neck down onto the hitch. The M1102 might have dropped a half inch with the load of my 20,000 lb trailer. With the pickup hooked to the M1102, it was a slow pull through the gate and the goose-neck was clear and ready for its load.

Using a cable pull, I pulled the S-250 shelter out of the pickup bed onto the trailer. Then turned it so it could be pulled and stored on the rear of the goose-neck for later trailer relocation. It worked great and got me out of a bind. Well, that's my story anyway..... :grd:

Attachments

rbeasley66

The rest of the story.

Attachments

Firejareen

Its probably a real good thing you didn't have to back up any while towing two trailers. Having a double pivot of a short and long trailer would be **** on wheels trying to back that up. Looks like the new mod is to tow with a double trailer set-up. Glad it worked out for you.

phil2968

NICE.. next time give me a buzz and I can offer an extra set of hands

Vinny
I live in the same town and I'm his brother and he did not even call me! Of course I was most likely working at the time this happened! I did stop by the firehouse and saw the shelter in the bed of his truck. I want to know how he got the hitch out of the truck with the shelter on it?! Glad he got it done. That goose neck of his has proven to be very valuable indeed! :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks