• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Using m105 suspension on a bobber - couple questions

Joeinderry

Hello, I am using the suspension from a M103 trailer (same suspension as a M105). My question is, what do I do if anything to where the spring mounts to the axle? Do I just set the spring on the axle and ubolt it on? Or do I need some type of mount in between?
Also does anyone have a diagram or measurements of the ubolts they use? Or a source for the ubolts?
Thanks for any help, Joe

Reckless

Xm381.com has a ton of pictures and descriptions on how they used the trailer springs on the deuce axles. You basically have to build a perch and a shim.

MilSpec78

You can skin this cat in many ways. Just searching this sight will give you plenty of ideas. As Reckless said, xm381 is a good place to start. At a minimum you will need a spring perch that gives you three to four inches of lift. Some people weld the perch to the axle and others do not.

I made all my suspension parts with just an angle grinder, drill press and welder.

You can get ubolts made locally at truck suspension places or order them online. 5/8" and 3/4" rod is used. I used 3/4".

Here is a pic of mine. It was taken via iPad with no flash so it is a little grainy.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks