• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

using my 818 and trailer

AaronHorrocks

The lads in 15th Recce have the following divided among various members.

Daimler Armoured Car 8 tons
Humber Armoured Car ~8 tons
US Halftrack ~9 tons
Daimler Dingo ~3 tons
Daimler Dingo ~3 tons
Morris Light Recce Car ~4 tons
2 jeeps

So, we have a bit of heavy iron to move around for events. So far we have some lighter pickups and 2 5 Ton semi-tractors and My Deuce. We need trailers for hauling the heavier armor, hopefully 1 or two up to events with another lighter vehicle along for the ride.

How's things Aaron?
Being in the Georgia area you guys are lucky because I'm always seeing large MVs and trailers like M172s getting surplused or re-sold down there. I found an M172 in VA that I could have got, but then I found out Ray Patton isn't shipping MVs anymore, so getting this shipped by a commercial hauler would cost more than the trailer! :!:

Here's that trailer BTW, if you want to buy it:
http://www.armyjeeps.net/vehicle2.htm

M172-A1 Semi Trailer, low bed ,25 Ton 4 Wheel
Trailer is in good shape, needs new wood decking, Bias-ply tires are in good shape, mounted radials are an option.
Price: $4,500.00

I had made some really good money for a few years, bought some big toys, made some weapons, had some fun... then my job relocated and the last two and a half years have been hell, and I've been mostly broke. It just doesn't fit that I have all these awesome toys and no money to play with 'em. :|
I might get my old job back any month now, so here's hopin! :p

Last edited:

Sumoman

I like the wood:-D

I burn almost 85% for heat, and would go through that + another load for a winter.. even here in KY. Of course my house is like 80 degrees when it is on high. Between my trailers (3/4 and a 1.5) plus my deuce I could only hope to get maybe half that. I do not think that is over kill in the least. Now you just need to mod a platform on the front to hold a splitter and your in business, in goes trees out comes firewood:twisted:

rmgill

Being in the Georgia area you guys are lucky because I'm always seeing large MVs and trailers like M172s getting surplused or re-sold down there. I found an M172 in VA that I could have got, but then I found out Ray Patton isn't shipping MVs anymore, so getting this shipped by a commercial hauler would cost more than the trailer! :!:
Actually, MOST of the guys are up near you. I'm the odd exception down here in Atlanta. Three or four of the guys are there in NorVa just east of you, Culpeper and eastwards.

M172-A1 Semi Trailer, low bed ,25 Ton 4 Wheel
Trailer is in good shape, needs new wood decking, Bias-ply tires are in good shape, mounted radials are an option.
Price: $4,500.00
M172s are nice BUT they're over-width. We don't want to have to deal with over-width permits every time we drive the trucks. That'd make for some problems on when and where we can drive which a normal width trailer wouldn't have.

reb87

there were a bunch of m872 trailers in GA on GL a few weeks ago that brought less than 1k each. If I lived where you do I would have bought several.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks