• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Using the deuce for emergency power generation

TexAndy

Have you considered any of the diesel generators at gl?
Oh yeah. I won a Mep-002a (5kW) made by Onan out of fort polk last week.

This is half an intellectual exercise and half a "backup plan" scenario.

The deuce makes 130hp. So you could reasonably expect to make 60kW with that engine assuming the physical limitations of size, bracket strength, and transmission of the power to a large enough alternator could be overcome.

TexAndy

Screamin' Metal

Not a problem....ideally....they state a certain HP so you won't try to power a house on a cub cadet. That being said, that HP will run the gen. comfortably with a little power to spare. These things do come in handy....2 years ago.....I ran mine for 2 1/2 weeks straight, 24/7. Thats how long our power was out........kept us from freezing and our pipes from bursting......She was making a little noise though......Ha!

If and/or when you decide to hook it up....go get yourself or borrow a optical tach....point it at the pto shaft as you bump the rpm up to see where its at ......hook up a remote throttle lever and put a mark on it for 540 rpm.......hook her up and go to town.........

Last edited: