• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

V 150 parts/info? cummins re-power HELP

trades2much

I am in charge of re-powering a V-150 for the local sheriff swat team. It had a cummins 504 V-8 diesel and allison, I am concerned about length since the allison was directly connected to the transfer-case so there is no room to go forward. I am thinking about a 6BT 5.9 cummins or a ISB 5.9 and a allison 1000 series from a duramax. We can get rid of the mufflers in front of the radiator so i have a little room, haven't taken a tape measure to it yet, just wanting to get some input before I start the project. Having a hard time finding any info on this rig. Please help, I start the project 11-3-08 so I would like to be prepared. thank's in advance.

trades2much

Colonel,

Thank's for the info, I am friends with Scott Countryman owner of de-stroked and he is exactly who will set me up with those parts. Scott and his brother just helped with some info I needed to finish my personal conversion A 1998 dodge ram 2500 that had a built 12valve and it now has a 2007 commonrail cummins, I have been driving it for a week without so much as a check engine light.