• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

V100 mods

Another Ahab

Since its incurable, I should probably be treated with regular new MV doses, rather than haphazard self medication I've been administering.

But we digress, and thread hijack...

Cheers
Oh, right. Those pesky OP's...

Back at you, wgtactical:

- How often do you go for a ride in that beaut, and where do you go?

wgtactical

Oh, right. Those pesky OP's...

Back at you, wgtactical:

- How often do you go for a ride in that beaut, and where do you go?
So far I've only taken it out a couple times a month and stayed within about a 10 mile radius. Parades, car shows and restaurants has been the norm. It has been well received by the folks in the area with lots of cell phone pictures being taken. I'm glad the work is appreciated, things like that makes the effort worthwhile :)

Another Ahab

So far I've only taken it out a couple times a month and stayed within about a 10 mile radius. Parades, car shows and restaurants has been the norm. It has been well received by the folks in the area with lots of cell phone pictures being taken. I'm glad the work is appreciated, things like that makes the effort worthwhile :)

That would HAVE to be a hit at the local Sonic.

Like to see a picture of that.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"Governor, just WHY did you allow it to snow here? You KNOW we don't get snow! How could YOU allow this to happen??" Something like that?
In Austin, it was the police chief's fault apparently. :roll:

Cheers

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No Louie, I didn't think of it actually! I wouldn't call our stuff snow, it would be embarrassing.. :)
The ice was pure treachery, however.

Cheers

wgtactical

We had this Lenco Bearcat in for tire change which required the run-flats to be removed and reinstalled. This is also the same vehicle that inspired the color schemes on three of my vehicles.

Attachments

Another Ahab

A really nice FLIR that has downlink capabilities to a hand held console with full remote control.
Cool. A story here during one of the last snow storms in the DC area:

- Elderly lady in a subdivision stepped out of a car at night, and wandered off into some deep woods.

- Daughter dialed 911, and within minutes police chopper on the scene found her with the Thermal imaging camera (black spot on a white field), lying down in the snow.

- Directed ground personnel to her instantly, and brought her to safety.

- A ground search might have taken hours, and might not have been so good (even fatal). But, a happy ending. Neat.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks