• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

v8 swap in deuce

kwiksilver

could you be more specific im startin to like the idea(now if only i could make it fit:roll:)
They go surplus like MV's so look around. Here is an example of what they use at the ports here. I hear rumor that they mess with the valve body and keep it out of 4th but my trans guy says they are easy to put back.

sorry about the egay link

1995 OTTAWA COMMANDO 30 YARD TRUCK: eBay Motors (item 110610762752 end time Nov-22-10 05:07:18 PST)

**** that might even net you some power steering! Sell the wheels and scrap the rest

Last edited:

XanRa

you know whatd be amazing? if we put a honeywell multifuel turbine engine in a deuce.... 1500hp thatd make it move that can make a 63 ton tank go 42mph im sure it could move a deuce!

and thamks for thee link itll come in handy in the future:beer:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I were doing this swap I'd either go with a GM 366 or 427. The 366 is the staple gas engine used in older (non fuel injected) GM 2-ton trucks. It has alot of low end torque needed to get bigger trucks moving but it's a fairly low RPM engine.

Ridgerunner

If anything catastrophic ever happens to my Multi. My little Deuce will be pushed down the road with a Ford 429/460 under the hood. It would be nice to turn more than 2,300 RPM when I need it to.

Gunfreak25

The only acceptable V8 swap into a Deuce is a Duramax, preferably with twin turbos, EFI Live, twin CP3;s and about 1000 hp :D[/QUOTE

And hope to god there's a tow truck in your area big enough to pull your new 7 ton paperweight home. Because that's about all it's going to be good for after 1000HP on your drivetrain. As durable as the 2 1/2 deuce is, they do have limits.

PropDr

I'm with gimpyrobb on the Cad 500. I think you could even bolt it to the stock trans but you would have to stack 2 adapter plates to do it. I have the adapters one is a B.O.P. to chevy bell housing and the other is a chevy to #2 or #3 SAE bell housing. If i can find my camera ill post some pictures.

Rockcrusher

an where did u find these adapters the chevy to the #2 #3 bell housing i have a 56 gmc xm220 that moister had got by the nut on valve covers an ruined the head broke rocker an bent push rods. I have a couple of v8 chevys lerkin around an i have a 290 horse cummins but i think its to big an there is the rpm thing

PropDr

I found the Chevy to SAE adapter at my local pull your own part junk yard. It was stashed inside the cab of a late 1950s era medium duty truck. It wasn't off of that truck someone just threw it in the cab. I do know that they used them on the GMC 6000 and 7000 series blg block powered trucks in the 1970s and 80s. I went outside to measure the I.d. and it turns out to be a #4 SAE.

Does anyone know off hand what size bellhousing is used on the M35 trucks?

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks